CRM Engineer / Email Developer
6 days ago
Job Title:CRM Engineer / Email Developer
Blizzard Entertainment games don’t just begin with game ideas or end once those games are released. A lot more goes into the creation of a Blizzard product than the work of developers—and we support our games for years after they’re in the hands of gamers worldwide. Operations teams support, evangelize, and improve our games. Our culture embraces creativity, rewards excellence, and encourages expression because every voice matters.
This role will be based in the UK, at our Soho Office. Our Soho office is in the cultural heart of London’s West End with a vast array of classic record shop and leading film companies, media offices and great restaurants. Regent’s Park is close enough for a lunchtime run, as are the delights of Piccadilly Circus and the shopping mecca of Oxford Street. It is conveniently just walking distance from a number of London tube stations and mainline train stations.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
What You’ll Do
At Blizzard Entertainment, CRM is more than just sending emails - it’s how we leverage technology and cutting-edge marketing strategies to deliver the latest news and content to the right person, on the right platform and at the right time. As a CRM Engineer you will help with production, development of email campaigns, and managing our CRM technology stack. The ideal candidate is driven and self-motivated, has impeccable attention to detail, strong relationship skills, and has a drive to push themselves and our team’s understanding of CRM beyond the status quo. A keen understanding of email development and up-to-date best practices, B2C lifecycle marketing, as well as player behavior analysis backed by data is highly regarded for this position.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Work with the CRM team to take campaign designs and turn them in to full HTML/CSS, ready for mobile and desktop email clients.
- Develop personalized CRM campaigns utilizing scripting languages from ESPs.
- Management of our CRM/marketing cloud platform, which includes data ingestion and exporting, automations, customer journeys, email deliverability, user account management, database hygiene, and more.
- Working as an extension of our Global Growth team and Blizzard franchise stakeholders to translate business requirements into technical solutions, such as multi-part customer journeys.
- Learn how to utilize our in-house HTML automation tool to manage localization and provide feature suggestions to its roadmap.
- Research cutting edge email coding techniques to ensure maximum engagement for our emails.
- Partner with CRM Managers to analyze CRM performance and provide UI optimization suggestions and improvements.
- Work cross-functionally with internal departments, such as Battle.net, Global Insights and business intelligence teams to ensure that proper data and platform implementations are running smoothly for all CRM team members around the globe.
- Write and maintain CRM documentation.
- Work with international teams to ensure all campaigns meet legal and compliance requirements.
- Lead efforts to drive development, provide suggestions, and champion optimizations for new and existing tool innovations.
- Deep understanding of CRM and marketing communication landscape.
- Collaborate interdepartmentally and represent CRM and growth marketing UI and strategies.
- 5+ years in developing and coding email and/or websites.
- Experience with marketing automation software, ESPs, CRM system, or Marketing Cloud platform at a global company.
- Knowledge and expertise around regional compliance (GDPR etc.)
Knowledge & Skills
- HTML, CSS and SQL knowledge required.
- Strong understanding of technical limitations in email production and a keen eye for design
- Comfortable using macOS and Windows.
- Experience with API programming.
- Ability to work in a UNIX-based environment.
- Git/GitHub/Bitbucket/SourceTree or any other version control software proficiency.
- Knowledge of markup languages such as XML/YAML/JSON.
- Experience using any of the following: Homebrew, Node.js, Grunt/Gulp, SASS/SCSS, Liquid/Handlebars/Jinja and static site generators such as Jekyll/Hugo/Gatsby/Next.js.
- Industry experience in video games or entertainment.
- Able to manage time and multiple priorities for varying internal and external partners.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly organized with outstanding attention to detail.
- Thrives in a dynamic work environment.
- Flexible and willing to perform other tasks as assigned.
- Positive attitude and collaborative teammate.
- Passionate and dedicated to quality.
- Industry experience in video games or entertainment.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.