This job might no longer be available.
CG Supervisor, Professional Artistry: Weta
1 month ago
Unity is looking for a CG Supervisor for a team of artists & designers supporting the Weta tool chain and future authoring paradigms in the Professional Artistry Organization!
Working directly with product management, design, research, and engineers within Unity, this role will be influential in crafting future authoring solutions for the next generation of creators. The team will deliver intuitive, powerful tools and a detailed end to end workflow, for the creation of immersive 3D experiences.
We need a candidate that will combine proficiency in CG/VFX creation pipelines and leadership ability, with a passion for empowering creativity through technology. In addition to working on Weta artist tools pipeline, and future workflows for our products, you will work to clarify and champion value for our creators. Partnering with design to ship consistent, accessible products, your insight will ensure innovative solutions are targeted to artists needs, and empower millions of creators worldwide!
Do you enjoy collaborating with passionate people, to deliver ground-breaking tools and outstanding content?
What you’ll be doing
- Leading extraordinary artists and designers.
- Collaborating across teams to develop innovative artist authoring pipelines of outstanding quality
- Building showcase CG/VFX content that encourages creators to embrace the technology, and provides instructional material.
- Conducting artist validation of the tools throughout development, to advise direction and maintain user centric focus.
- Mentoring your team, ensuring individuals growth, alongside promoting a culture of innovation, teamwork and inclusivity
What we’re looking for
- Portfolio showcasing outstanding visual quality and innovative use of technology.
- Experience of leading, mentoring and encouraging a creative team, to deliver the very highest standards.
- Deep knowledge of authoring workflows and asset creation pipelines in Film VFX and/or AAA Games
- Write tools and pipelines using relevant scripting languages (C++, C#, Python, Max/MELScript, etc)
- Excellent collaborator with strong verbal, visual and written communication skills
You might also have
- Experience using procedural generation tools such as Houdini and Substance
- Experience using Unity or other proprietary engine
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.