This job might no longer be available.
CG Supervisor (Houdini)
8 days ago
Looking for a strong Houdini CG Supervisor with experience in all aspects of the pipeline. Will be investigating and look developing Non Photoreal workflows along with Shading, Modeling, and Rendering.
- Collaborate with artists and technical directors, to proactively solve problems and work under the direction of VFX Supervisor
- Ensure company processes and pipeline is being followed within and across departments
- Identify gaps and technical challenges that demands developing resources and solutions from the software team
- Participate in the recruiting process, interview new hires in collaboration with leads/managers
- Train new artists or work with leads to ensure training material is appropriate and in line with workflows and company policies
- Assist with planning and scheduling of show to maintain timelines
- Troubleshoot and assist in solving problems encountered by artists, leads and fellow supervisors
- Work with production management, leads and supervisors; gathering/disseminating information
- Attend art and technical meetings to catch pipeline related concerns
- Suggest efficient solutions and follow artistic direction to assist the art department and production teams to maintain consistent design language
- Document and/or demonstrate workflows to leads and/or teams
- Proactively provide ideas and solutions in relation to morale, technology and pipeline concerns
- Interpret the Director’s vision while ensuring artistic quality, content and continuity of the project
- Strong Houdini experience.
- 5 - 10 years of work experience leading teams on high-end animation feature, VFX and/or series production, and a strong understanding of the full GG production process from concept to delivery
- Should be comfortable challenging established workflows and methods in order to evolve Tangent’s production pipeline and be open to cloud-based production methods
- Team-oriented and have a strong desire for collaborative participation in a team-based pipeline across multiple geographic locations
- Experience working with remote teams and communicating via IM and video conference software
- Experience working with IT teams to manage network rendering and ensure pipeline design supports or accommodates significant filer/bandwidth concerns
- Ability to work under tight deadlines during crunch times
- Confidence in learning new tools and assisting in a technical support role for the Production team
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, and people management skills
Preferred software experience:
- Maya, Houdini
- Compositing software Nuke
- Linux exposure/experience is a plus
- Adobe Photoshop and Premiere
- MS Office (365), Shotgun, Excel, Google applications
- Great company culture, with a team that is very technically proficient, highly motivated & excited to work on projects that will change the industry
- Competitive health and dental benefits
Does this sound like you or someone you know? We can’t wait to find out! Please apply online at https://www.tangent-animation.com/careers.
Tangent Animation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.
Please contact our Human Resources department at email@example.com if you require an accommodation.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.