CG Supervisor (Helix)
Montreal QC ca
17 days ago
As a CG Supervisor at Ubi MTL, you'll join a brand new team specialized in producing cinematics for the games developed by our Canadian studios, like Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch_Dogs, Rainbow Six, For Honor, and many more.
In this role, you’ll oversee the design and implementation of the technical and artistic pipelines, cinematics production workflow, and technical requirements of you’re assigned projects.
Collaborating with other department managers, you’ll be responsible for the cinematics direction, design, and technological vision as well as the management of your team.
What you’ll do
- Design and implement the artistic and technical pipeline plus the production workflow and tools.
- Anticipate, assess, and find solutions to potential and actual technical problems.
- Act as the primary technical go-to person + work closely with other departments, supervisors, and directors.
- Create an annual pipeline development plan + ensure its evolution and maintenance.
- Ensure the cinematic production pipeline is integrated into each project + oversee the technologies used, with colleagues from production teams and other departments within Ubisoft.
- Identify milestone dates for projects under your responsibility + make decisions on major changes to be made to IT deliverables.
- Approve pipeline and technology deliverable plans and priorities, in alignment with game production plans.
- Coordinate and oversee your team's tasks, making decisions while considering content, quality, deadline and cost targets.
- Propose tech options that support product development and cinematic tool development (tools and engines).
- Coach, guide, and develop your team members.
What you bring
- Around 7 years of experience in CG supervision in the 3D field (or any other relevant experience in film or multimedia production)
- A degree in Design, Art, Photography, Computer Science, or any other relevant field related to animation, computer science, special effects or 3D tech
- A solid technical understanding of CG, real-time cinematic, and virtual production pipelines + the ability to propose efficient workflows
- Experience managing a team
- Organization and analysis skills + plenty of flexibility
- A creative and collaborative spirit
- Ability to prioritize + work under pressure and meet deadlines while achieving quality
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your experience, education, and skills
At Ubisoft Montréal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montréal, you enter a community of extraordinary, passionate developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montréal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor, and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.