CG GENERALIST ARTIST (3D)
Please note that only applications with CV and Portfolio + Showreel will be considered. This is a 3D Marketing Artist role which means 3D needs to be one of your main skills.
You will be part of Performance Marketing Art, which focuses on performance driven creatives for paid marketing, mobile stores and viral/influencer/social content - closely collaborating with the Product, Go-to-Market, User Acquisition and Commercial teams.
Your daily workday will consist of creating:
- Beautifully 3D rendered identity artwork images to use as a base for our branding campaigns and external marketing artwork, conceptualizing strong and meaningful creatives grounded on an objective performance driven result.
- Elegant, modern, and slick design layouts for promotional creatives, and stay on top of trends and best practices on marketing art assets.
- Polished 3D-based store icons, the face our games in the mobile stores, based on ASO performance data.
- Editing video and rendered artwork on After Effects and Premiere.
- Modeling, rigging, animating, rendering and post-producing final-artwork and clips for some of our games to be used as digital promotional material.
- You will also help to manage some game projects, taking an ownership role, becoming responsible for its art consistency, asset organisation and creative performance analysis.
Skills and experience
The ideal candidate has the following profile:
- 5+ years of professional experience in 2D / 3D graphic design / digital art or marketing art (mobile games preferred)
Has a good understanding and experience of:
- 3D and 2D icon creation for mobile stores and mobile apps/games .
- High-quality 3D modelling, texturization, materials, light, camera, rigging, animating and rendering (3DS Max and Blender preferred) .
- 3D animation and motion graphics capabilities for game promotional graphic / communication design .
- Advanced video editing and motion graphics (Adobe After Effects + Adobe Premiere)
- Is able to create and polish 3D artwork to reach an established defined rendering look or develop one following the lead artist’s creative direction.
- Can time-manage impeccably .
- Reacts and adapts quickly to changing requirements.
- Is creative and has a high level of autonomy.
- Works well in a team and is a role model and mentor to other artists.
- Is open to feedback, both on artistic work and professional attitude, with the mindset of improvement and professional and personal growth
Other highly valued experience/skills include :
- Relevant UI/UX and graphic design background (has an exceptional understanding of the fundamental graphic design principles) .
- Experience creating mobile store assets like icons and screenshots.
- Experience in the gaming industry
- Experience producing marketing assets for the external branding of a game.
- Experience working in an ad agency setting.
- Experience producing user acquisition / paid marketing artwork.
- Advanced digital illustration skills (matte painting, for example) .
- Sound and music editing skills using Adobe Audition.
- Feels comfortable developing sketches to quickly showcase and test concepts.
- Experience working in a marketing agency or in the mobile game industry.
- Understanding and interest in current mobile game trends
Please send your CV and portfolio with a showreel that clearly showcase all aspects of your skills.
Again, please note that only applications with CV and Portfolio will be considered. This is a 3 D Artist role which means 3D needs to be one of your main skills.
2D ARTIST GENERALIST
We are looking for a talented and well-rounded visual artist to support our Art department. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a marketing environment, leveraging different design styles to create a wide range of compelling design solutions across multiple mediums, including but not limited to - UX flows, UI layouts, Promo Creatives, Logos, Game Assets, and more - all supported by clean concept art and high-end design solutions.
This designer should be a visual storyteller, experienced in communicating visually - by presenting information in a compelling way that grabs the audience’s eye and interest across marketing channels. Our day to day consists in creating and manipulating art assets into polished banners, used in a wide range of mediums, in different formats and aspect ratios.
We are looking for someone flexible and versatile, that enjoys working on a variety of different projects while being able to manage overlapping deadlines. Prior experience with creating attractive layouts and designs is a requirement!
This is a full-time position, please apply only if you have the right to work in the UK.
Create 2D Illustrations with ease, from concept to final art, with art styles ranging from cartoon to digital realistic .
At ease with Communication Design, to create engaging banners, pop- ups and design novel ways to serve digital products to mobile users.
Create and manage clear and visually compelling designs and layouts for promotions and campaigns .
Manipulate image composition and perform overpaints and style refinement to enhance final creatives .
Create functional and attractive layouts / designs for our game promotional offers .
Ensure the integrity of the brand with attention to detail and quality of craftsmanship.
Follow good design practices on the layouts and compositions of our promotional art.
Provide major assets to all key projects and ensure delivery fits deadlines.
Present, review and iterate designs together with the team’s Art Lead on a regular basis .
Timely delivery of assets to the production pipeline within Miniclip .
Create a wide variety of art ranging from environments, characters, banners, concepts , game props and some visual animated effects.
Skills and Experience
A minimum of 3 years professional experience as a Digital Artist.
- Experience working on promotional campaigns.
- Ability to analyse and adapt to different digital art styles.
- Good levels of creativity, with the ability to generate innovative concepts, designs , and ideas.
- A solid understanding of brand, colour , typography and design principles is required for this position.
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio.
- Good eye for composition, contrast, and colour .
- Creative flair, versatility, conceptual / visual ability, and originality.
- Accurate and with attention to detail.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud, especially Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator .
- Solid understanding of Design / Marketing core principles.
- Basic understanding of current mobile game trends is desirable.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, high-volume environment with some priority shifts.
- Able to work well in a collaborative team environment, and within an iterative design process .
- Ability to interact, communicate, and present ideas clearly .
- Professionalism regarding time and deadlines .
- Respectful and with a professional attitude .
Valued Extras (NOT mandatory)
- Video edition and composition.
- CC After Effects.
- VRay / Keyshot / Max.
- 3D Compositing / Modelling / Texturing / Materials / Rendering.
- After Effects / Spine / Animation
- Additional Considerations
- Knowledge and passion for mobile games.
- Experience working in marketing agency or mobile game industry.
- Passion for video games, movies, graphic novels, science fiction, and other elements of pop culture.
- Experience with digital photography .
To apply please send your CV, Portfolio, and a cover letter in English.
Miniclip is a global leader in digital games with a mission of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’. The Company develops, publishes and distributes highly engaging games to an audience of over 250 million monthly active users across mobile, social and online platforms.
Founded in 2001, the Company has successfully grown a huge global audience in over 195 countries and across six continents. Miniclip has a unique understanding of the digital games space and has developed a strong portfolio of over 60 high-quality mobile games, extensive worldwide distribution, and an internationally recognised brand name. To date, Miniclip franchises including 8 Ball Pool™, Golf Battle™, Football Strike™ and Agar.io™ have generated more than 2 billion downloads. Miniclip has more than 50 million daily active players reaching people across the world in the pursuit of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’.
In February 2015, Miniclip was excited to receive a large majority investment from Tencent, one of the world’s largest technology companies and the world’s largest games publisher. This new chapter in Miniclip’s history strengthens the Company’s position, with Tencent recognising its achievements to date and future potential.
In the past two years, as part of their ambitious growth plans, Miniclip have been delighted to welcome the teams from Playsport (famous for Motorsport Manager), Yakuto (creators of Darts of Fury), Masomo (home of Head Ball 2), Ilyon (designers of Bubble Shooter), Eight Pixels Square (Sniper Strike) now operating as Miniclip Derby, Gamebasics (creators of OSM Online Soccer Manager), and most recently Green Horse Games (home of Football Rivals) to the Miniclip Group.