CATLab Technician - Work from Home (contract)
7 days ago
Please read the following requirements carefully before submitting an application
This role is a 90 day assignment through PRO Unlimited. Assignment extensions are solely based on business need.
This is a Temporary Work from Home Position [SA1]
Because of the current health advisory status surrounding COVID-19, we are hiring individuals that can Work From Home (WFH). We are only interviewing candidates that are physically within a 45 mile radius of our EA Baton Rouge studio. We ask our applicants to make sure the following hardware and technical requirements and physical distance requirements are met before submitting an application. The WFH status is open to change and you must be able to work in an office setting at the EABR studio once EA Leadership has deemed it safe to do so.
The CATLab Technician:
CATLab Technicians perform an important role in game and software development:
- Test, analyzing, and recording performance based on pre-defined metrics.
- Develop more efficient ways of performing compatibility testing on our games on a growing number of platforms.
The refinements from CATLab lead to higher quality and better playability of the finished game. The job involves testing the game in a systematic way, analyzing the game's performance against the designer's intentions and reporting problems, and suggesting improvements.
- Periodically change PC components
- Run through in-game scenarios and record PC performance
- Hardware and software troubleshooting
- Design, write and build internal tools
- Work with proprietary software to develop stable, scalable, efficient and shareable code
We are building the next generation of compatibility testing. We are looking for people who have a passion for obtaining the best performance from hardware, embrace continuous improvement, and take advantage of an opportunity to develop new software skills for performance capture. [SA2]
Resumes are required with application submissions. Cover letters are optional .
To be considered for this position, we ask that you are available to work the same shift Monday through Friday.
Pay rate begins as $15.00-$18.00 per hour.
We currently have the following shifts available:
- 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM (Full-time day shift)
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Systems, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience .
- Excellent time and task management
- 18 years of age or older
- Experience with scripting languages
Minimum Technical Work from Home Requirements:
You must have a personal computer with the specified minimum requirements. MAC computers are acceptable providing they meet the specs below.
You must also have high speed internet and can connect a machine directly to their network.
During the course of the assignment, testers may receive EA equipment to ensure testing. You can set up an EA PC station if necessary.
Interviews are designed to assess the candidates' ability to move forward in each step of the process.
The requirements for equipment are listed below:
❏ CPU: Intel Core i5 or better
❏ GPU: Intel HD 520 / NVIDIA GTX 950 / AMD Radeon RX 470 or better
❏ Memory: 8GB DDR3
CPU: Intel Core i5 or better
MacOS 10.11 El Capitan and above with Hardware Metal Support
Accepted Models (8GB RAM minimum):
MacBook (Early 2015 or later)
MacBook Air (Mid 2012 or later)
MacBook Pro (Mid 2012 or later)
Mac mini (Late 2012 or later)
iMac (Late 2012 or later)
iMac Pro (2017 or later)
Mac Pro (Late 2013 or later)
Mac Pro (Mid 2010 or later with user upgraded GPU with Metal Support)
- The training programs & tools run on Windows. MAC users will run a connection to a Virtual Machine that will be provided to you in training.
❏ Broadband/High-speed Internet (With wired connection capabilities.)
❏ Download and use Zoom Video application