This job might no longer be available.
CATLab Technician - ( Temp)
11 days ago
Please read the following requirements carefully before submitting an application
*This role is a 90 day assignment through Magnit. Assignment extensions up to 12 months are solely based on business need.
This is a Temporary Work from Home Position
This role will primarily be a WFH position. There will be times when in-office work will be required. Because of this, we are only interviewing candidates that are physically within a 45-mile radius of our EA Baton Rouge studio.
The CATLab Technician:
CATLab Technicians perform a vital role in game and software development:
- testing, analyzing, and recording performance based on pre-defined metrics.
- developing new, more efficient ways of performing compatibility testing on our games on a growing number of platforms.
The refinements from CATLab ultimately lead to higher quality and better playability of the finished game. The job involves testing the game in a systematic way, analyzing the game's performance against the designer's intentions, identifying and reporting problems, and suggesting improvements.
- Periodically change PC components
- Run through in-game scenarios and record PC performance
- Hardware and software troubleshooting
- Design, write and build internal tools
- Work with proprietary software to develop stable, scalable, efficient and shareable code
We are building the next generation of compatibility testing. We are looking for people who have a passion for obtaining the best performance from hardware, embrace continuous improvement, as well as take advantage of an opportunity to develop new software skills for performance capture.
Resumes are required with application submissions. Cover letters are optional .
To be considered for this position, you must be available to work the same shift Monday through Friday.
Pay rate begins as $25.00 per hour.
We currently have the following shifts available:
• 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM (Full-time day shift)
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Systems, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong reading comprehension
- Keen eye for detail
- Ability to work both independently and as a team
- Excellent time and task management
- 18 years of age or older
- Experience with scripting languages
Looking to add some way of selling the role and attracting a candidate who helps us move forward [SA1]
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.