C++ Sound Programmer
Montreal QC ca
3 months ago
Ubisoft Montreal is looking for you, C++ Sound Programmer!
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
- The sound programmer will ensure that the audio pipeline meets sound-related project needs.
The main and routine tasks of the sound programmer are to:
- Compile and understand a project’s sound-related intentions and set out development needs;
- Assess existing features in the sound engine and establish whether they meet project intentions;
- Suggest audio pipeline improvements by determining project needs and designing and implementing new systems whenever required;
- Manage and challenge the audio memory resources and CPU budgets;
- Work in close collaboration with the audio designers so that they can carry out the design intentions and remain on budget;
- Ensure clear and structured programming, keeping in mind performance, maintenance and compatibility requirements;
- Validate and verify whether the newly developed systems meet project intentions and are coherent with the existing code;
- Identify and correct the bugs determined by other working units and the quality control team;
- Document the work to transfer knowledge and enable users (other working units) to understand how to use the new systems and sound features;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
- Bachelor's degree in general programming or computer engineering or equivalent training
- Minimum 5 years' experience in sound programming or any other relevant experience.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Solid analytical and synthesis skills;
- Problem-solving skills;
- Autonomy and resourcefulness;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Flexibility when organizing work;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Ability to adapt to change;
- Results focus;
- Knowledge of terms, compression formats and audio middleware;
- Knowledge of production working units.