C# Software Engineer in Test - Frostbite
8 days ago
Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. Our global team empowers game creators to shape the future of gaming by developing creative engine features and outstanding tools. We are honored to have thousands of game developers all over the world using Frostbite to create some of the most amazing games and player experiences in the industry.
To allow our game makers to create fantastic experiences, they need high-quality tools which evolves over the years. This is where Frostbite Quality Engineering comes in.
We are looking for someone who will improve our test coverage capabilities forward. As an embedded Software Engineer in Test, you will empower the entire Frostbite team to raise the quality bar through the solutions that you create.
As a software engineer in test, reporting to a Senior Engineering Manager, you will contribute to our automation efforts by collaboratively identifying areas suitable for testing, designing scripts and implement these using our existing framework and tools. Being embedded means that you will work together with our developers and quality analysts to determine solutions which accounts for the unique demands that automating specific technology brings.
You will improve the existing test methods and open up new capabilities for the entire team. The engine is created to be used by a variety of game makers, so you will work on different areas, all the way from user-facing features to back-end technology. As a SET you will be an important part of Frostbite, as the work you do improves the quality process and capabilities of the entire team.
- 2+ years experience with C#
- Experience working collaboratively with team members on a common codebase using version control tools (Perforce, Git)
- Familiarity with common automation technology and frameworks, including automated functional tests and unit tests (MS Test framework)
- Partner with distributed teams across multiple locations
Nice to have
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Experience with C++
- Experience with Python (or other scripting languages)
- Understand software development processes, continuous integration and build systems
- Experience with game engines (Unity, Unreal Engine)
- Have worked in an Agile/Scrum work environment