This job might no longer be available.
C++ Software Engineer
6 days ago
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning innovation, fan programs and cross-platform digital experiences dedicated to growing the love of sports. EA SPORTS creates authentic, immersive, and fun experiences that invite a diverse audience of players to create, connect, compete, and self-express through industry-leading sports video games and live services, including FIFA, Madden NFL, NHL, PGA Tour, College Football and EA SPORTS UFC. For more information about EA SPORTS, including news, video, blogs, forums and game apps, please visit www.easports.com.
Our engineers maintain a broad view of the game and engine systems and look for ways to improve performance, utility, and capabilities to our players and workflow enhancements to our development team, reporting to the development director of the project.
You'll work on a growing main team that provides features across multiple EA Sports titles.
We are looking for passionate engineers who enjoy prototyping and planning, working with other engineers, and building primary systems (often using other systems), workflows, and capabilities that allow us to work smarter and bring substantial improvements to our game. You will report to one of our Development Managers/Development Directors.
- You will implement core EA technologies in an architecturally sound way to help collaborative development efforts.
- You will share domain knowledge and mentor engineers within the team.
- You will work with design and other technical teams to provide feedback and then creates clear technical designs.
- You will provide well-tested and high-quality technical implementations that meet design requirements.
- You will look for ways to increase team efficiency through tooling or workflow enhancements.
- Passion for the development craft and can demonstrate good development practices.
- You have a grasp of C++ language, best practices, and architectural considerations.
- You communicate well with non-technical partners, such as artists, designers, and producers.
- You show debugging skills.
- Experience with parallel programming and resource management considerations.
- BS degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience).
- Technical leadership experience.
- Shipped and supported a AAA title.
- Experience developing with an established 3D engine such as Unreal or Frostbite.
- Experience with performance and memory profiling tools.
- Experience navigating and understanding a large client/server codebase.
- Familiarity with network programming.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records following applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together experienced people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.