This job might no longer be available.
3 months ago
We are EA Sports
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports video games.
The Challenge Ahead:
The Software Engineer is part of an innovative Quality Engineering team that is responsible for collaborating with Development, QA and other internal partners to identify problem areas and create tools and workflows to solve challenges that prevent or impede the teams from delivering the highest quality products to our end users. Specifically, we aim to enhance the development and testing processes to reduce the amount of manual effort required to build a stable title and allow more time for our partner teams to work on features, polish and fun!
This role in particular will help bridge the gap between our tools space (typically C#/.net) and the game client (C++) and will have a focus on work that interacts with the game. This role will report to the Quality Engineering Development Director and will closely partner with the team’s Technical Director as well as the rest of the Quality Engineering Workflows and Tools team.
- Work with the Technical Director and Development Director to understand our title’s development challenges
- Be part of the Quality Engineering Workflow and Tools sprint team and help us deliver our innovative solutions
- Work with Quality Engineering and Game Team developers to implement new C++ game code
- Ramp up on and contribute to a diverse set of systems and areas throughout the game
- Facilitate the creation and sharing of cross title packages within our Frostbite Game Engine
- Drive and participate in a data first culture via telemetry and observability techniques
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- 4+ years’ experience with C++
- 2+ years’ experience with C#
- Strong understanding of the software development life cycle, software engineering methodologies and practices, and their application to both development and QA.
- Strong understanding of good software programming practices and software quality attributes.
- A general knowledge or interest in game development fields including but not limited to gameplay, rendering, or AI.
- Technical writing knowledge and experience is an asset.
- Creativity and logical thinking: can find ingenious solutions to problems.
- Adaptability/flexibility: not afraid of change and strives for it if it's for the good of the project - is not afraid to try new things and possibly fail.