C++ Software Engineer | Minecraft
10 days ago
Who is SkyBox Labs?
SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that works on some of the world’s most iconic games. The studio is currently co-developing Halo Infinite, working on projects in the Minecraft universe, supporting the dev team at Bungie on Destiny 2: Lightfall, supporting development of Fallout 76, and working on original IP. As one of Canada’s fastest-growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, SkyBox Labs has evolved from a group of 8 people to a team of over 250+ Engineers, Artists, Animators, Designers, Producers, and more! Join us in our Burnaby or Victoria studios, or have the opportunity to work remotely within Canada for certain designated projects.
Interested? Let’s talk about what we’re hiring for:
SkyBox Labs is looking for a bright and talented C++ Software Engineer to join our team working on projects in the Minecraft universe! This is an exciting opportunity to work on a variety of engine-related features across multiple platforms. Come put your knowledge and skills to work in a fun and dynamic game development environment, while also being given continuous opportunities for learning and growth.
A snapshot of your role:
- Collaborate with a team of engineers to help drive engine and feature improvements
- Test software, address bug issues and identify performance issues
- Participate in code reviews and provide constructive feedback on how to develop and improve processes, tools and workflows
- Execute on software development tasks independently, but still know when to ask for help
- Push the boundaries of what you know by learning new technologies and systems to meet our technical and business needs
Sound like you? This is what we're looking for:
- At least 3+ years of professional software development experience, ideally in games
- Proficiency in C++ is required
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills with a quick ability to learn new tasks
- Flexibility to work on different areas of the project as needed
- A commitment to self-direction, collaboration and constant improvement
- Low-level game programming experience
- A passion for Minecraft!
And here is why we think you'll love working at SkyBox Labs:
- Annual bonus and up to 3% RRSP matching available
- Comprehensive health benefits and a competitive salary, along with an supportive Parental Leave policy
- Flexible hybrid working arrangements; leverage our beautiful studio spaces as needed, and use our $400 work-from-home allowance to make your home office comfortable
- Take care of your mental health with our Employee Assistance Program, 3 weeks of vacation leave, and our free gym at our Solo Studio
- We relentlessly support your growth and development! Level up your C++ skills at SkyBox University, and expand your game dev knowledge with Lunch & Learns. You’ll join a culture of empowerment, collaboration, and personal growth.
- Social events! Have fun with the team at trivia nights, karaoke nights, movie nights, and group activities. Join our soccer team, game jams, or a board game sesh after work. You name it, we’ve got it!
- Generous relocation allowance to support your move to either Vancouver or Victoria
- You’ll contribute to industry-leading titles, from legendary AAA franchises to Original IP
Our commitment to you:
SkyBox Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. You’ll join a collaborative, inclusive culture. One where we succeed together – across the desk and around Canada. Where like-minded people work naturally together to achieve great things (and games!).
Only candidates who reside in Canada or are willing to relocate will be considered for this role. Additionally, although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.