C++ Software Engineer Intern
6 days ago
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, College Football, NHL® hockey, and EA SPORTS UFC .
Madden NFL is developed at EA’s Tiburon Studio in Orlando, FL, and Madrid, Spain by a team that prides itself on innovation and creative collaboration. We are looking for talent with a passion for sports to create experiences that connect with millions of football fans around the world to grow the love of the sport.
For this role, we are looking for someone to help build out our core development team – whether that be in our career mode, presentation and cameras, user interface, backend systems, or many others.
As a C++ Software Engineer you will be involved in the whole creation process from architecture design, implementation, debugging, and tuning on multiple platforms, working on complex problems with Designers, Artists and other Engineers in the Online and Game Modes domain.
We are a creative group, so we value collaboration with creative and design. And we highly value the creative problem solving that is often a staple of our industry.
You will report to the Development Manager of the team you will be contributing to.
- Delivers tested, stable, scalable, efficient and shareable technical implementations that meet design requirements.
- Awareness of how implementation impacts performance and memory budgets.
- Actively looks for ways to increase team efficiency through tooling or workflow enhancements.
- Contributes to core EA technologies in an architecturally sound way to enable collaborative development efforts.
- Work with people on a large team both locally and remotely.
- Work with 3rd party software APIs.
- Experience in C++ software development.
- Experience with Visual Studio and deep knowledge of the debugging tools.
- Experience with perforce or any other source control.
- Knowledge of Client/Server, Peer-to-Peer and multi-threaded architectures.
- Knowledge of modern database technologies.
- Knowledge of networking protocols.
- Works well with high-level technical guidance and quickly adapts to changing code bases and problems.
- Demonstrates problem solving and debugging skills.
- Flexibility and ability to quickly ramp up on existing code bases.
- Passion for the craft of programming and demonstrable development experience.
- Experience with 3rd party APIs.
- Understanding of C++ language, best practices, and architectural considerations.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Experience of real-time game networking.
- Experience working with mobile applications
- Experience with scripting languages (Python, Lua, SQL)
- Familiarity with the game development industry and console development.
- Experience using project tools (e.g. JIRA) and an SCM system (e.g. Perforce, GitHub).