This job might no longer be available.
27 days ago
A SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, EA Sports FC , NHL® hockey and EA SPORTS UFC .
Madden Infrastructure Team
The Infrastructure team supports our games for players by ensuring that future titles are shipped with the utmost quality and stability. Engineers work with partner teams to improve testing and verification processes while maintaining the infrastructure for rapid development.
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to help us implement and promote SE values and patterns within our team and across the partners we work with.
Reporting to the Development Manager of the team, you will work with team members and partners worldwide. You will contribute to the implementation and maintenance of large-scale projects, troubleshoot and resolve issues, and improve reliability across our systems. To achieve this, we require candidates who will focus on communication, debugging, and adaptability.
- You will work with a small team to design appropriate test modules and improve the stability of the live product.
- Debug and diagnose runtime issues across a variety of domains.
- You will increase team efficiency through tooling or workflow enhancements.
- You will review technical implementations for impacts on stability, performance, disk, and memory budgets.
- Directly support and help engineer environments through all stages of development.
- Troubleshoot application, network, and server-level problems.
- Perform cause analyses and ensure improvements are identified and prioritized.
- Maintain documentation of systems, configurations and procedures.
- Evaluate and adopt technologies which improve the team's efficiency and capabilities.
- Add and improve technical and business metrics and using them to make decisions.
- Document your insights and best practices.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- BS degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience).
- 3+ years of experience.
- Shipped a AAA game title or provided post-launch support to a launched consumer-facing product.
- Understanding of C++ language.
- Communicate well with technical partners outside of your immediate environment/specialization.
- Excellent debugging skills.
- Experience navigating and understanding a large client/server codebase.
- Experience leading small teams of Software Engineers is a major plus.
- Experience with Windows and Linux environments.
- Automated load testing experience (either developing tools or using existing systems).