C++ Software Engineer - EA Sports Security
14 days ago
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including EA SPORTS Madden NFL , FC , NHL , NBA LIVE , and UFC .
EA SPORTS SECURITY – Software Engineer
The EA SPORTS Security team helps make the games safe, secure and fun by partnering with development teams, analyzing large volumes of data and responding to Security incidents. As a Security Software Engineer, you will partner with game developers, data scientists, fraud analysts, and other security software engineers to address some of the most interesting game security challenges out there. You will help us with researching and designing solutions applicable to the portfolio of EA SPORTS titles to prevent instances of cheating, botting, and tampering. You will report to a Director within the Security organization.
- Develop technical solutions to help detect and minimize game security vulnerabilities.
- Perform data-driven behavioral analysis and develop the required telemetry hooks, queries, and processes.
- Analyze and respond to security threats affecting the game experience for players.
- Perform technical security assessments, code audits and design reviews.
- Communicate Security risk to technical audience and propose mitigation options.
- Work with internal technical teams and other partners.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent.
- Excellent C++, OOP programming skills
- Knowledge of Java, C#, Python, or .NET programming skills.
- Familiarity with MySQL, SQL, or other relational databases.
- Familiarity with Node, Apache, AWS, IIS, and .NET framework/core/standard.
- Familiarity with source control, software IDEs, and other software development tools.
- Build internal tools designed to detect and enforce against bots, cheaters and tampering.
- Grasp on programming fundamentals, algorithms.
- Produce code of sound design and quality that conforms to established design principles and patterns.
- Work with large datasets and distribution pipelines that span multiple cloud solutions, services, and networks.
- Develop tools and interfaces that are clean, simple, and powerful.
- Interpret partner requests and design requirements into sound, creative, scalable technical designs, and solutions.
- Fix bugs identified by QA or partner teams.
- Experience writing scalable, well tested tools and software.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- You have 3+ years of progressively complex experience in security development.
- Experience shipping or supporting game development
- Interest in tool automation, bot development, or python scripting
- Knowledge of Splunk
- Knowledge of security best practices of at least one of the following: AWS, Azure, Google Cloud
- Enterprise Security experience
- Worked on online games with virtual economy
- Certification: CISSP, CEH, SSCP, or CCSP
- Capture the flag experience