C++ Software Engineer Co-Op (Spring 2023)
6 days ago
The EA SPORTS UFC franchise offers the thrilling spectacle and entertainment of MMA for over 20 million players across the globe, delivering fluid and responsive mixed martial arts through cutting-edge gameplay technology.
On the EA SPORTS UFC team, interns will be matched to a mentor. There will be ample opportunities to learn and use our cutting-edge technologies and be part of the journey to bring the next UFC game to life. You will be empowered to bring your own ideas to the table, solve some really challenging problems and achieve your goals. In addition to contributing to a game that reaches to millions of players, interns will also have the opportunity to experience our diverse and inclusive culture, and learn from some of the most brilliant minds in the industry.
- Design and develop technical solutions for features in areas such as gameplay mechanics, AI, animation, online/offline game modes and performance.
- Work with a proprietary engine to develop stable, scalable, efficient and shareable code.
- Work with 3rd party and internal software APIs.
- Use common software engineering design patterns and paradigms.
- Working towards a B.Sc. in Computer Science or related field.
- Strong working knowledge of C++
- Experience in object-oriented design and implementation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of good software engineering practices.
- Knowledge of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization.
- Knowledge of how to use a debugger to solve complex problems.
- Knowledge of source code management: CVS, Git and/or Perforce is a plus.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment.
- Excellent detail-oriented, problem solving skills.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions.
- Dependability and commitment to projects/tasks.