This job might no longer be available.
C++ Software Engineer Co-Op
2 months ago
The EA SPORTS UFC franchise offers the spectacle and entertainment of MMA for over 20 million players across the globe, delivering fluid and responsive mixed martial arts gameplay technology.
On the EA SPORTS UFC team, co-ops will be matched to a mentor. There will be ample opportunities to use our technologies and be part of the journey to bring the next UFC game to life. You will be empowered to bring your ideas to the table, solve some really challenging problems and achieve your goals. In addition to contributing to a game that reaches to millions of players, you will also experience our diverse and inclusive culture, and learn from some of the most passionate minds in the industry. You will report to the development director on the team.
- You will develop technical solutions for features in areas such as gameplay mechanics, AI, animation, online/offline game modes and performance.
- You will work with a proprietary engine to develop stable, scalable, efficient and shareable code.
- You will work with 3rd party and internal software APIs.
- You will use common software engineering design patterns and paradigms.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- You are working towards a B.Sc. in Computer Science or related field.
- Working knowledge of C++
- Experience in object-oriented design and implementation.
- Knowledge of good software engineering practices.
- Knowledge of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization.
- Knowledge of how to use a debugger.
- Knowledge of source code management: CVS, Git or Perforce.