C++ Rendering Software Engineer - Sports Central Platform Team
Bucharest Bucharest Romania
13 days ago
The new EA SPORTS Central Platform Team partners with leading EA SPORTS franchises, including FIFA, Madden, NHL and more, to help with the use of strategic technology development projects; including platform exploration, adoption and expansion. You will have the opportunity to collaborate and improve multiple SPORTS development teams to support evolving tech development goals designed to reach more players in new places.
The Rendering Software Engineer is an essential part of the game creation process. They are involved in architectural design and implementation of rendering technology on multiple platforms. They are working with designers, artists and other engineers to build complex graphics features – life-like visuals, huge and immersive worlds and state-of-the-art graphical FX.
What You Will Do:
- Develop core rendering features, engine components and tools.
- Research and implement rendering techniques.
- Create reusable & flexible rendering technologies.
- Write technical design specifications.
- Design, maintain, implement, test and debug code, pipelines and other rendering-related sub-components and packages.
- Profile and optimize rendering modules of a game engine.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest hardware & software changes enhancing the rendering domain.
- You will report to the engineering team's manager and work closely with your peers to render specific tasks.
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of experience with C++ development.
- Experience developing graphics techniques and detailed knowledge of graphics hardware.
- Math skills including trigonometry, calculus and linear algebra.
- Formal background in rendering with experience that may include shaders, animation, skinning, lighting, special effects and tool development.
- 1+ years of experience with Direct 3D, OpenGL or equivalent.
- Experience in object-oriented design and implementation.
- Knowledge of good software engineering practices.
- Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization.
- Test and debug other engineer's code.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- Experience shipping at least one title on PS4, PS3, XboxOne or Xbox360 is a plus.
- Experience with graphics tools and exporters such as Maya, MotionBuilder and Photoshop; knowledge of Maya API and Mel programming.
- Expertise in several of these fields: vertex and pixel shaders including HLSL and FX; terrain or environment rendering; advanced lighting techniques, particle systems, special effects, art pipelines, tool development and game engine architecture.
- Working knowledge of DX11 is a significant plus.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
Comprehensive health and benefit packages and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make outstanding games, we offer great compensation & benefits packages and a culture that values creativity and individuality.
Are you ready to join a winning team?