This job might no longer be available.
5 months ago
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games, crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, or digital distribution of content to millions of users around the world, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. Not only do we empower creators to make and distribute great games but we also help players to safely and easily enjoy them.
Distribution Team (EGS) Engineering at Epic
What we do
The Distribution Team is part of Epic Games Store. Our team of engineering experts is always innovating to improve the tools and technologies that empower developers to deliver their digital content to users across multiple platforms. Whether it be supporting Fortnite, the Epic Games Store , or external partners, we are committed to improving the scalability, efficiency, portability, and stability of our tech offerings.
What you’ll do
As a member of our team, you can expect to coordinate with a cross-site group of highly skilled individuals. You will architect new features and evolve existing products used daily by millions of gamers, developers, and enterprise professionals. You will partner closely with backend services teams to ensure that the underlying systems we build meet internal and external customer needs.
In this role, you will
- Use hands-on, technical expertise to drive solutions for a range of challenges
- Collaborate with other teams (including Product, Design, QA, and Backend Service Teams)
- Design, architect, implement, and ship well-documented new features
- Improve, and evolve existing tools and products
- Maintain and hunt for bugs in existing code bases
- Take part in foundational work as we embark on a new chapter for our desktop clients
What we are looking for
- Strong programming background and C++ knowledge
- Strong problem-solving, logic, and troubleshooting skills
- Track record of development on tight schedules with complex technical requirements
- Experience with Perforce is a plus
- Someone who is user-focused, solution-oriented, passionate, scrappy, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and are at the core of just about everything we do
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k, and more.
We are all remote for now but when in the office our employees enjoy complimentary drinks, snacks, and lunches. We offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love we have for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here .
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.