C++ Operations Engineer - Criterion
8 days ago
Operations Engineer – Criterion
For more than fifteen years we’ve entertained millions of players around the world with our award-winning games. Our experienced people have expressed their passion for phenomenal game feel, AAA audiovisual quality, and technical innovation in the Burnout & Need for Speed series and in Battlefield 1, Star Wars X-Wing VR, Starfighter Assault, Arcade for Star Wars Battlefront II, Firestorm for Battlefield V and Battlefield 2042.
We believe that healthy, engaged teams make great games, so we place enormous value on collaboration, fresh ideas, and unique perspectives. We’d love to hear yours! Crunch doesn’t help make a better game. We don’t do it. For the past four years, we are very proud to have been recognized by gamesindustry.biz as one of the best places to work in the UK. Let’s talk about how you could be a part of it.
- You will work with Electronic Art’s internal infrastructure teams to ensure that our environments are set up and running smoothly for the whole Need for Speed franchise
- You will work hands-on to ensure that our dedicated servers are running correctly within our chosen hosting environment by implementing metric systems using C++
- Develop user-friendly tools, efficient pipelines, and workflows that aid in the development and iteration of game servers
- Work with and implement different monitoring dashboards and alerting systems using Datadog, Grafana, and Slack (for alerts)
- Be a POC and help triage live issues that may occur for Need for Speed’s live games
- Work with our release teams and ensure that the correct versions of all our backend systems are rolled out for our live services
- Occasionally work on our backend application server that provides connected features to the game
Qualifications / Skills
- C++ experience
- Scripting experience in Python, Go, Bash
- Linux / Ubuntu / Centos
- Source control experience (Perforce/Git)
- Dashboard creation experience in Grafana/Datadog
- Comfortable working in a large Linux and Windows environment
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- AWS or similar cloud experience
- Experience working in an enterprise microservice environment