C++ Multiplayer Programmer for Ubisoft Craiova
Craiova DJ ro
19 days ago
As Ubisoft’s online platform developer, Harbour helps bring high-quality connected experiences to millions of players worldwide. Working alongside production teams, we leverage state-ofthe-art solutions to enable value-filled features in all our online games – throughout their development and while they’re live. With a view of Ubisoft’s entire digital ecosystem and a longterm approach to online gaming, we focus on finding the right solution for the right purpose. And if the solution we need doesn’t exist yet? That’s just an opportunity for us to create it.
As a Multiplayer Programmer within Ubisoft Craiova’s Harbour team, you’ll be working on creating technology in the multiplayer engine, game servers, voice chat or matchmaking areas by developing C++ SDKs (with C# wrappers) that are integrated into all AAA Ubisoft games and support home consoles, PCs, and mobile platforms.
What you will be doing
Using SCRUM methodology:
- Design, develop and test simple and comprehensive APIs that enable games to use the multiplayer features
- Maintain and enrich the SDKs features together with the rest of the team
- Collaborate with other Harbour teams
- Guide game development teams throughout SDK integration
- Optimize SDK performance
- Stay up to date on technological advancements to continuously improve our efforts
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent or at least ongoing studies in this area
- Good knowledge of object-oriented and C++ or C# programming languages
- Good analytical capabilities and synthesis skills
- A highly collaborative spirit & results-oriented focus
- Attention to detail, resourcefulness and plenty of flexibility
- Good spoken / written English
- Personal C++ or C# projects or internships are a BIG plus
What to send our way:
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience and skills
- Links to your GitLab repos containing personal projects that you are proud of
Benefits that you can enjoy:
- Medical services to keep you safe and sound;
- Meal tickets to use wherever you want;
- Relaxation room;
- Fresh fruit that are available in the office each week;
- Various training and knowledge sharing programs, both in Romania and abroad;
- Access to most of our games up to date for research and fun;
- Team activities once a month: movie tickets or other fun activities;
- 7card offers.
Ubisoft Craiova has been an important component in strengthening the foundation of one of the first gaming companies ever established in Romania. The studio has had experience in the development of video games since 2008 and now works on the production and testing of some of the biggest AAA brands of international reputation, such as Ghost Recon. The studio is also a valuable collaborator to the Technology Group, which helps to develop tools, middleware and online solutions used in the Ubisoft games.
At Ubisoft we create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities. We are always committed to enriching player lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. You will get the opportunity to grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world and work in an open environment where everyone is eager to share their knowledge.
Challenge accepted? Join us and create the unknown.