C++ Generalist Software Engineer - FIFA
11 days ago
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC .
Career mode engineers work on the FIFA most played offline mode. As part of this team, you will work on the tech, tools and frameworks that form the foundation of the Career and Tournament modes along with developing new features every year. You'll participate in architectural design, implementation, and debugging on multiple platforms. You'll have the chance to work in a dynamic team and develop interesting features.
You will report to the Development Director.
- You will design new features or new additions to existing features within Career Manager, Career Player, and all types of Tournament modes
- You will work with Production, Game Designers, and Interface Designers, to gather requirements and write technical design specifications. Propose tech solutions for low to medium complexity features and discuss them with the team lead
- You will monitor performance and Career Mode stability impact from your changes and address any issues that may arise. You will investigate complex and hard to debug issues and provide tech solutions for addressing them
- You will oversee your piece of feature/sub-feature entirely. This often means you will oversee implementing the core logic, game flows, and UI screen plus any UI custom components that are required
- You will report your progress to the Career Mode's lead and team manager
- You will be part of a dynamic team focused on bringing high-quality features, tools, and frameworks that form the foundation of the Career and Tournament modes along with developing new features every year
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Object-oriented programming experience of OO design principles
- 4+ years of experience in C++ software development
- Experience with debugging complex bugs
- Experience in ActionScript