C++ Game Services Programmer
2 months ago
As the Online Game Services Programmer, you enjoy developing solutions that would bring players online experience to the next level! Everything that is between player, game and internet is in your responsibility - Online Services like Challenges, Statistics, Friends, Store, Inventory, Battle Pass, Sanctions, Progressions, Matchmaking etc. You are entrusted with developing games online features, frameworks, optimizing online performance and developing custom services deployed to the cloud that easily scale to support millions concurrent users. You are a part of the team preparing the game for launch and supporting it once it’s live. You are good at coordinating with designers and other game developers to help them innovate and exploit opportunities offered by online technologies. You care about providing our players with the seamless online playground they deserve!
- Develop online features, monitor and operate solutions for Ubisoft video games
- Create, optimize and maintain online services (Online Services like Challenges, Statistics, Friends, Store, Inventory, Battle Pass, Sanctions, Progressions, Matchmaking)
- Integrate online service with video games and of build related web tools that are used for the game’s development, monitor and live operation
- Leverage your tech skills to build scalable and reliable solutions which offer the best experience for millions of players
- Stay up to date with the latest advances in your field and evaluate internal or external technologies to find the best fit for your project
- Participate in determining systems behavior under normal or simulated peak load conditions to optimize performance
- Track down and correct the bugs identified by quality control or members of the production team
- Document your work to transfer knowledge and allow users (from other crafts) to understand how to use the new systems and functionalities
- Strong working knowledge of C++
- Experience in the backend development with RESTful approach
- Knowledge of database programming with SQL and/or NoSQL databases (MySQL, MongoDB, Redis or similar)
- Experience working with cloud providers (Google Cloud, AWS, OpenStack, Azure etc.)
- Experience developing microservices
- Knowledge of microservices architecture, distributed high load and scalable systems
- Knowledge of DevOps, CI/CD & automation oriented technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with network programming including serialization and RPC
- Experience in unit, integration, and load testing
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experience. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Ubisoft’s 19,000 professionals, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity company that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.