C++ Engineer for Ubisoft's Technology Group
Bucharest Bucharest ro
23 days ago
You will be part of an international team working on the Motion middleware inside Ubisoft’s Technology Group. Motion is a real time physics engine able to simulate soft (Motion Cloth) and rigid (Motion Physics) bodies, composed of an SDK and associated tools/editors. This middleware is integrated in most of Ubisoft’s AAA games and supports home consoles and PCs.
The Technology Group is the primary technology partner for the game production teams and develops tools, middleware and online solutions used in Ubisoft games like Rainbow Six Siege, Beyond Good & Evil 2, Anno, Ghost Recon Wildlands, Skull & Bones, and many more.
Your main mission:
- Collaborate with and offer support to the game development teams to help integrate the SKD and tools in their production pipeline and optimize the performance;
- Keep a track on integration projects and ensure that they meet business requirements and goals;
- Fulfill the end user requirements;
- Ensure clear and structured programming, keeping performance, maintenance and compatibility requirements in mind;
- Making recommendation of the integration products and services by carrying out proper researches;
- Minimizing the impact of integration on various existing processes;
- Document the work to transfer knowledge and enable users (other programmers and team members from other working units) to understand how to use the new systems and features;
- Communicate with the software developers and engineers to address any problem in the program logic.
What you’ll bring as experience:
- Highly experienced in C++ programming;
- Good knowledge of algorithms and OOP;
- Strong 3D math skills;
- Knowledge of (game) physic will be a plus;
- Good knowledge of C# and WPF will be a plus;
- Previous experience working on game consoles will be a plus.
What You'll Bring As a Colleague :
- Good teamwork abilities;
- Great interpersonal and communication skills; we work directly with teams around the world;
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, handle and prioritize simultaneous requests;
- Very good problem solving & troubleshooting skills;
- Attention to details;
- Pro-active and self-motivated;
- Ability to keep up in a fast paced environment.
Why choose Ubisoft Romania?
Through its business units, Ubisoft is committed to enriching people’s lives with original and memorable experiences and it’s defined by three main pillars:
- Production: creates amazing games that have a strong impact on tens of millions of players around the world;
- IT: delivers reliable services and engineers products for Ubisoft’s community of players, game development teams and employees;
- Quality Control: guarantees a smooth and non-interrupted experience by maximizing the quality of the games;
You will have the chance to work with the latest technologies and collaborate with our talented teams from around the world.
We aspire to offer our employees an environment and culture where everyone can thrive. We offer a variety of perks that support physical, emotional and intellectual well-being such as health and benefit packages, opportunities for career development and learning, gym, free access to bikes and a library at your disposal.
Challenge accepted?Join us and create the unknown.
Find out more about Ubisoft Romania: https://www.ubisoft.com/en-US/studio/bucharest.aspx
If this sounds like you, please apply via our career portal. The application should include your resume , highlighting your experience, education and skills.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees .
Ubisoft Bucharest has been an important pillar for the local gaming industry since 1992, being the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. It has a strong history of contributing to iconic AAA franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs and Just Dance, and has helped develop a total of over 60 games. Today, the studio is the 2nd largest Ubisoft studio worldwide and continues to tackle the biggest challenges in gaming and technology, contributing to the creation of new and amazing games.