C++ Engineer for Ubisoft Craiova
9 days ago
The C++ Engineer is responsible for the creation, debugging, maintenance, and optimization of the game’s engine, editor, and related tools that are used for the game’s development, in order to ensure a smooth production cycle for the entire development team.
You will work closely together with the teams that are directly using this technology (Level Design, Game Design, and Gameplay teams), both from Bucharest and from Paris, in order to develop one of Ubisoft’s major AAA titles.
- Participate to the project development on the engine, editor and tools programming side;
- Offer technical solutions, innovate and improve the quality of implementation, performance and usability of the editor, tools and tool chain as a whole;
- Communicate with the teams that use the technology in order to understand their requirements and to define the implementation and improvement needs;
- Keep the existing engine and tools up to date in accordance with the latest changes that occurred in the development pipeline (e.g. new SDKs or middleware versions);
- Ensure smooth communication with similar production teams in France (with both technical and non-technical parties).
- You have good knowledge of C++ programming. Knowledge of C# programming is a big plus;
- You are proactive in identifying development needs in our industry;
- You are knowledgeable about the internal tools used in the video game production pipeline;
- You are keen to participate in the development of the junior members of our team;
- You are used to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical parties;
Benefits that you can enjoy:
- Medical services to keep you safe and sound;
- Meal tickets to use wherever you want;
- Relaxation room;
- Fresh fruit that are available in the office each week;
- Various training and knowledge sharing programs, both in Romania and abroad;
- Access to most of our games up to date for research and fun;
- Team activities once a month: movie tickets or other fun activities;
- 7card offers.
Ubisoft Craiova has been an important component in strengthening the foundation of one of the first gaming companies ever established in Romania. The studio has had experience in the development of video games since 2008 and now works on the production and testing of some of the biggest AAA brands of international reputation, such as Ghost Recon. The studio is also a valuable collaborator to the Technology Group, which helps to develop tools, middleware and online solutions used in the Ubisoft games.
At Ubisoft we create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities. We are always committed to enriching player lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. You will get the opportunity to grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world and work in an open environment where everyone is eager to share their knowledge.
Challenge accepted? Join us and create the unknown.