EA Sports FC is hiring for a 12-month contract starting in February for the FC Systems team. EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connection of millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. EA SPORTS FIFA is the world's #1 best-selling video game with over 200M engaged players across multiple platforms, including console, PC, and mobile.
Innovation, passion, and teamwork is at the heart of everything we do. We are excited to move forward onto a new adventure and make EA Sports FC even bigger! The FC Systems team are looking for someone passionate about football/soccer who is looking to work in a supportive and challenging environment.
You will work with Producers, Development Directors and Technical Leads to support the development of bug fixes, game changes, and new features into the game across different modes. You will report to a senior engineer or a development director.
Responsibilities: You will write specific or multi-purpose code for areas such as:
- Core Engine -- memory and performance optimization on computer hardware.
- Tools and Libraries -- software performance analysis systems, database systems, and general purpose game development libraries.
- Collaborating with other teams and domains on solutions
- You've completed a B.Sc. in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience in C++
- Knowledge of memory management, multiple processor use.
- Experience with another programming language(s) (Python, C#, Java) and/or platforms (tablets, game console) is a major plus.
- Experience with source code management: CVS, Subversion, Git or Perforce.