This job might no longer be available.
C++ Engineer Co-op (FIFA)
22 days ago
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connection of millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. At the heart of EA SPORTS is the FIFA franchise. EA SPORTS FIFA is the world’s #1 best-selling video game with over 200M engaged players across multiple platforms, including console, PC, and mobile. Innovation, passion, and team-work is at the heart of everything we do. With studios in Vancouver, Bucharest, and Cologne; we are looking for the brightest talent so we can continue to create experiences that connect with millions of hearts and minds the world over.On the FIFA Team we work on numerous title updates to bring thousands of new changes to our users regularly. In this role you would work closely with Producers, Development Directors and Technical Leads to lead the development of bug fixes, game changes, and new features into the game across all different modes of FIFA.
Write specific or multi-purpose code for areas such as:
- Game Mechanics -- Gameplay, AI, player control, animation systems, physics, and scripting systems.
- Core Engine -- Graphical rendering, networking, user interface, memory and performance optimization on computer hardware.
- Tools and Libraries -- World editors, video and audio tools, software performance analysis systems, database systems, and general purpose game development libraries.
- Working towards a B.Sc. in Computer Science or related field.
- Strong working knowledge of C++
- Strong working knowledge in Python and its common libraries like numpy, pandas, scikit-learn,…etc
- Experience with common ML frameworks like PyTorch, TensorFlow, … etc
- Experience in object-oriented design and implementation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of good software engineering practices.
- Knowledge of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization.
- Knowledge of how to use a debugger to solve complex problems.
- Experience with another programming language(s) (C#, Java) and platforms (tablets, game console) is a major plus.
- Knowledge of HTTP communication and RESTful services is a plus.
- Knowledge of source code management: CVS, Subversion, Git and/or Perforce is a plus.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment.
- Excellent detail-oriented, problem solving skills.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions.
- Dependability and commitment to projects/tasks.