C++ Backend Developer / Senior Programmer [Unannounced Project]
18 days ago
Are you interested in how cloud tech is changing how games are made? Would like to work alongside likeminded programming experts and become a pioneer in games? Read more below!
We are looking for a Senior Programmer for an ambitious unannounced project here in Stockholm Sweden.
As a Senior Programmer for this project, you’ll be part of a team building core technologies for future games. This means you will have the opportunity to work iteratively to ensure our systems satisfy the design brief whilst being technically elegant and performant. As we work in cross-functional teams, you will be working closely with people from other disciplines and follow agile methodologies to drive your work forward.
We strive to give passionate and creative teams the freedom and trust they need to succeed in this creative and fast-moving environment. We encourage people to make conscious choices and decisions, poke holes in existing plans, and express what they need to be able to honor their commitments.
In this role, you’ll be joining our programming craft and report to one of our Technical Directors. You will also be part of the wider Production Technology group at Ubisoft where you will work as part of a transversal group of experts from around the globe. We celebrate a curious mind that is backed by experience and aim to provide an inspiring workplace with friendly co-workers.
You will be working with tech like:
- C++: libcurl, openssl, asio, lz4, rapidjson, spdlog, fmt, lz4, gtest, entt, bulletphysics, lyra, imgui, Vulka, Dx12, Amd GpuOpen
- Python: numpy, numba, flask, jinja, sphinx, lz4, opentelemetry, google-cloud-sdk
- Other: docker, clang, visual studio, conan, cmake, gitlab, linux (Debian) and access to Ubisofts global innersource community
We would love if you...
- Have a master’s degree in computer science or computer engineering, or equivalent training or experience.
- Are used to write C++ modules with minimal memory footprint
- Know when to use unit tests and familiarity with test driven development
- Are experienced with debugging on multiple operating systems, including console and/or linux.
- Have been working with C++ 20 or newer.
- Have an interest in Python
- Understand how to work with microservices.
- Are self-motivated and have a creative mindset to problem solving in code
Apply to make it yours
Find out more about us at: http://stockholm.ubisoft.com/
About Production Technology at Ubisoft
At Ubisoft, there are no limits to creativity. Innovation comes from every corner and our game teams are constantly pushing the boundaries of technology to transform ideas into fantastical worlds. To bolster their efforts, Ubisoft’s Production Technology department is a transversal group that unites more than 400 experts across the company around a mission to develop the best tools and technologies that enable our studios to bring their visions to life. From designing our proprietary game engines and state-of-the-art middleware solutions used by our worldwide developer community, to leveraging the latest machine learning breakthroughs in R&D, Production Technology team members don’t just help Ubisoft creators make games: they work together to pioneer innovations that change the way games are made.
Making good games takes effort, making great games takes a different type of thinking.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Are you a game designer, artist or engineer? Cool. How about a chemist, economist or social scientist? Let’s talk. At Ubisoft Stockholm, we feel different thinking comes from many places and that good ideas, no matter where they come from, are the key to unlocking our potential.
Located in the storied Östermalm neighborhood in Stockholm Sweden, we believe thinking of new ways to solve old problems is a cornerstone of innovation and we are looking for passionate people who follow their dreams to make the world a better place.
We know there is a better way to making great games.