Business Solution Architect (GCP)
Montreal QC ca
16 days ago
The Business Solutions Architect (Public Cloud) develops and delivers hosting solutions to meet today’s growing demand for agile and cost effective cloud computing solutions. Using both private and public cloud technologies, the Business Solutions Architect (Public Cloud) implements scalable, high performance hosting solutions that meet the need of today's Ubisoft productions.
Additionally, the Business Solutions Architect (Public Cloud) plans and delivers legacy infrastructure transformation and migration from on-premises infrastructure to public cloud platforms.
The Business Solutions Architect (Public Cloud) is also responsible for leading cultural change for cloud adoption, by working closely with Ubisoft Production teams through their different development gates, and assisting them with effectively managing a cloud environment.
The main responsibilities and routine tasks of the Business Solutions Architect are to:
- Provide thought leadership on both process and technical matters;
- Becoming a champion and trusted advisor on cloud technologies;
- Identify, formulate and suggest solutions for the long-range and short-range infrastructure priorities, goals, objectives and requirements for Ubisoft;
- Act as a senior technical advisor by, amongst other things, organize presentations of solutions and initiatives to staff (kick off meetings, peer review, technical follow-ups);
- Sell to management the budget for infrastructure improvements needed, and ensure that budgetary expenditures and allocation of resources are kept as low as possible to deliver high quality solutions which are dynamic and flexible;
- Gather client requirements, assisting internal customers to express their needs and requirements in situations where the client already has a solution in mind;
- Recommend the implementation or modification of current policies and standards where applicable;
- Resolve architectural and design problems consistent with organizational directives and address other concerns as necessary;
- Recommend staff training and development programs for upcoming new technologies;
- Ensure good quality of service by providing insight, capacity planning and suitable design;
- Assist administrators and give recommendations in case of major incidents;
- Embrace hybrid cloud technology and become a cloud evangelist with our partners.
- Lead test or pilot processes for new services or technologies;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field.
- 7+ years of experience in IT with at least 4 years in a 1000+ servers company;
- Having worked in company that went through cultural change from on-premises to off- premises.
- Extensive experience working with one of the leading cloud platforms such as Azure, Google Cloud or AWS;
- Experience in deploying and managing virtualized and/or containerized workloads;
- Experience with infrastructure as code provisioning (using scripting or tools);
- Excited by new unprecedented challenges;
- Excellent organization and priority management skills;
- Excellent leadership skills;
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced changing environment;
- Motivated by accomplishment;
- Handle change management;
- Must be a self-starter that requires only limited supervision/guidance;
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management;
- Ability to make complex information accessible;
- Broad understanding of IT technologies and business consideration;
- Honesty, integrity and confidentiality must be maintained at all times;
- Have good interpersonal communication skills (Oral and written Comprehension of English and French);
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Ubisoft Montreal, an industry leading developer of video games, located in the heart of Montreal’s Mile-End, offers a unique environment where creativity, teamwork and cutting-edge technology bring to life critically acclaimed video games and iconic AAA franchises.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary people connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.