Business Planning Analyst
9 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognised as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Now, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Role: BUSINESS PLANNING ANALYST
The Direct-to-Consumer Business Planning team are part of a vibrant organization that manage the Digital store for PlayStation. GSS brings together staff from around the world, with a passion for engaging PlayStation gamers with relevant and entertaining content. This area of Sony Interactive Entertainment has seen significant growth in recent years to become a key revenue contributor and continues to evolve with the industry to create new business opportunities.
The Business Planning team drives accountability for business results through empowering leadership with data & intelligence, implementing KPI frameworks linked to our goals, rigorous cost & margin management and accurate forecasting & planning. We are looking for individuals who are motivated by being part of a truly global team, working together at the forefront of digital content distribution.
Reporting to the Business Planning Manager the Business Planning Analyst will be part of a small team responsible for planning & forecasting PlayStation’s Digital Store revenue. They will design and execute forecasting models that deliver business recommendations, identify risks/opportunities and achieve forecast accuracy.
The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic and flexible team player with a strong analytical mind; an excellent communicator who thrives in a fast-paced commercial environment. To support with the global business operations, we are looking for someone who can be flexible with their working hours. There may also be some international travel when travel opens back up.
What you’ll be doing:
- Create and run global monthly forecasting models for the digital store following key planning assumptions
- Manage the monthly & quarterly revenue forecast submission process to finance including accurate and timely completion of templates and/or planning tools as required
- Provide key metric insights and commentary on Digital Store revenue performance, identifying key drivers of variances
- Continuously review actual performance to forecast, identifying learnings and key insights to support your drive for forecast accuracy
- Own publication of Store revenue forecasts & targets working closely with the Performance Reporting team and ensuring ‘one version of the truth’
- Support other forecasting activities as required including for flash, quarterly forecasts & full year budget
What we are looking for:
- 3+ years’ experience as a business analyst or a highly commercial financial analyst role
- Forecasting experience essential
- Highly proficient using excel
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to structure problems for analysis
- Proven track record of using data to provide actionable recommendations and drive business decisions
- Highly proficient using PowerPoint
- Micro-strategy experience a plus
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to balance multiple projects and priorities
- Good Bachelor’s Degree
- Ability to work in a fast-moving environment
- BUPA Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- 25 days holiday per year
- Free eye test and glasses voucher
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Subsidised Café
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.