Business Performance Director
10 days ago
As a Business Performance Director (Director of Product Management equivalent) you will be part of the Destiny 2 Leadership Team driving change and continuous improvement for Destiny’s global business. Leading and managing a team of highly skilled Business Performance Managers, each accountable for Destiny releases, you will be responsible for maximizing the business performance of the Destiny Franchise.
You will report to the Bungie Business Performance Director and be accountable to Destiny 2 General Manager.
During these uncertain times and rapidly changing environment surrounding COVID-19, all positions at Bungie are subject to onboarding and working virtually/remotely. Once the studio is fully reopened, most work is expected to be performed in-person at our main headquarters in Bellevue, Washington.
- Define and be responsible for Destiny 2’s performance against business KPIs, building and evolving business models across multiple platforms
- Identify opportunities for product performance growth, influence key stakeholders, and drive initiatives to a successful outcome
- Prioritize roadmaps for Destiny 2 in collaboration with creative and product leadership to ensure we are delivering the right features to players
- Partner closely with marketing and sales functions to deliver successful strategies and plans to meet product performance goals
- Manage and mentor the Destiny Business Performance Management team, defining best practices to identify core performance drivers and foster innovation
- Work collaboratively with the Destiny 2 Leadership Team, creating a lasting culture of shared learning and experimentation
- Define the success metrics and business reporting, interpreting data and translating it into a Business Performance strategy for the Franchise
- Use data to effectively communicate and educate the team on the performance of the game and opportunities for growth
- Actively contribute and be close to the games industry, innovation and best practices
- Partner with the digital marketing and CRM teams to drive in- and out-of-game improvements to the business
- Proven leadership and track record in product management or business performance in the games industry
- Seasoned people leader with an ability to manage, lead and inspire a highly skilled team
- Strong business acumen with strategic and analytical capabilities, using data to drive strategy and business decisions
- Ability to lead complex operational and strategic change initiatives
- Good understanding of statistics and strong quantitative skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills to partner with multiple teams including marketing, game development, team leadership
- Vision and ability to see the bigger picture and translate it into innovative initiatives
- Expertise and a wealth of knowledge of industry trends and the competitor landscape
- Passion for live service MMOs and a strong understanding of the industry