Business Operations Manager (Bilingual Japanese/English)
14 days ago
Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Business Operations Manager
Job Summary: This role performs business systems audits and control work throughout the organization.
People Manager: No
The Business Operations Manager will focus on contributing to the growth of the Pokémon brand and businesses in EMEA area as a liaison with Pokémon group Tokyo office and Seattle office. The position will work with Licensing, Marketing and office operations and will work closely with the Vice President European Operations.
What you’ll do
- Execute a liaison role between London office and other offices such as Tokyo and Seattle, especially in Licensing, Marketing, and business operation area.
- Manage correspondence between various international offices for projects, as assigned.
- Manage ad-hoc projects with Vice President European Operations for the growth of the business and smooth operation of the office
- Other duties as assigned, which is not limited to asset review, but related with London business in general.
What you’ll bring
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of related professional experience.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Japanese speaking and writing ability at native level on top of professional use level of English ability is required.
- People management experience a strong plus.
- Problem solver and negotiator between the conflicting interests among the stakeholders.
- Individual contribution as a doer, down to earth action person.
- Self-starter, with strong organizational and time management skills with ability to handle multiple competing priorities, while delivering on high quality results and follow through.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner.
- Excellent verbal, written, and graphic communicator, with an ability to convey information in a clear and courteous manner appropriate for the audience (individual contributor to executive level).
- Client management experiences at marketing agencies or liaison position experiences at a global company is a plus
- Project Management experience is a plus.
- Strong interest in video game, entertainment industries is a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Word.
- Ability to travel internationally up to 5% of time.
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.