Business Operations Manager
3 days ago
Sumo Group is one of the largest suppliers of end-to-end creative development services to the video games and entertainment industries. Comprising of veteran video game studios, an agile publishing team and an award-winning creative services studio, Sumo Group teams are delivering on ground-breaking projects across the globe.
Sumo Group currently employs over 1000 talented team members across 15 studios in the UK, Poland, North America and India. In the UK, Sumo Group received the top level of accreditation from Best Companies in 2021, receiving a 3* World Class Award and listed as one of the Best Large Companies to Work for within the UK.
With a reputation for developing deep relationships with some of the world’s largest video game publishers, developers, platform manufacturers and entertainment brands, Sumo Group is dedicated to growing a sustainable business that provides security for its people, whilst delivering a first-class experience to partners and players.
There are opportunities to join the central Sumo Group team across multiple disciplines including HR, Finance, Marketing, IT and Recruitment, with industry-leading benefits and a flexible working environment.
The role @ Sumo
We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Operations Manager to join the team at Sumo Group. Reporting to the Business Affairs Director and a key part of the Business Development team, you will be a central source of support and information. This role requires a proactive individual with exceptional analytical, organisational, and interpersonal skills.
Working across a diverse array of projects, Sumo Group studios, and industry-leading partners, this position represents an opportunity to apply and develop your skills within a fast-moving games business with enormous potential for growth and learning.
In this role you will:
- Work within the operational side of the business to establish and report the latest studio resource availability, current project data, and insight into future opportunities
- Curate the Business Development CRM system to track and manage all active opportunities in the project pipeline, driving progress in a timely manner
- Collaborate closely with the Sumo Group studio network, members of Sumo Group Services and colleagues in Business Development to ensure information within our CRM is up to date and reporting is accurate
- Proactively analyse Sumo studio, partner, and product data to report upon trends and findings with actionable insights
- Be encouraged to consistently review and iterate on established processes and frameworks with a view to increase efficiency and automation
- Provide general team organisational support and research
Required Skills and Attributes:
- A detail-oriented problem solver with excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Demonstrable organisation skills, particularly comfortable using technical systems, spreadsheets and other software
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a proven ability to persuade/drive alignment among differing perspectives and cultural backgrounds
- A self-motivated, proactive individual with a hands-on work ethic
- Comfortable working with remote teams and partners, using collaboration software, video conferencing, phone calls
Advantageous Skills and Attributes:
- Games industry knowledge
- Project management or production experience
- An interest / proficiency in graphic design is a bonus
What we offer:
. Defined Annual Bonus Scheme
. ULEV car scheme
. Monthly allowance to spend on enhancing benefits
. Salary Sacrifice Pension
. Flexible Working
. 21 days free-use holiday
+ your birthday off
+ 5 learning days including 1 volunteer day
+ a duvet day
+ Christmas shutdown from Christmas Eve to New Year
+ Bank Holidays
+ extra allowance accrued for longer service
. Free dental insurance
. Life Assurance 4x Salary
. Income Protection of 75% for 5 years
. Enhanced Mat/Paternity & Adoption pay
. Employee Assistance Programme:
. Help at Hand - Remote GP, Mental Health & Physio appointments
. Free financial & home buying support consultations
. Cycle to Work Scheme
. Payroll Giving Scheme
. Access to 4,000 Udemy Courses
. Career Development Pathway
. Wrap Parties.
. Project Completion Awards
. Game/Creative Jams
. Big Family Events
. Studio social activities, e.g. running, board games, film, yoga, life drawing…
. Prism – Sumo’s employee diversity focus group
. Free fruit and drinks in our studios
. Employee Referral Bonus
. Relocation Support to the UK
. Visa Sponsorship
Where do we stand on diversity?
At Sumo, we want to enable everyone to bring their full, authentic selves to work every single day. We acknowledge that the games industry is far from perfect and a global organisation with people all over the world, from all kinds of backgrounds, and know that it’s part of our duty to provide everyone at Sumo with a safe, accepting and affirming working environment.
We encourage and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
More about Sumo Group:
Sumo Group is proudly founded on the pillars of Family, Security, Trust and Collaboration, and upon joining, our team members become part of a growing family of operating businesses around the world who strive to achieve wonder together.
Within the Sumo Group umbrella sits a myriad of outstanding studios and brands, including: Sumo Digital (and all subsidiary studios including The Chinese Room, Lab42 Games, PixelAnt and Red Kite Games), Secret Mode, Atomhawk and Pipeworks (including Timbre Games).
Built on creativity and imagination, our staff are some of the most talented minds in the industry. We respect our colleagues, support innovation, show determination in achieving goals, take accountability for our actions, celebrate excellence and – above all – we have fun whilst doing so.
Recent releases and projects from Sumo Group businesses include: BAFTA-Award winning Sackboy: A Big Adventure, Apple Design Award winner Little Orpheus, Hood: Outlaws & Legends, Rival Peak, Hot Shot Racing, WST Snooker and Spyder.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.