This job might no longer be available.
Business Operations Manager
Los Angeles, California, United States
8 months ago
Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it’s for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide.
The Business Operations Manager is the individual responsible for leading day to day operations, finance and legal aspects of the business to accomplish the strategic vision.
As a Business Operations Manager for Global Esports, you will monitor the financial planning, budgeting and actual fiscal performance of international live events and 13 regional professional League of Legends leagues around the world. You will also manage the Global Esports business strategy , monitoring and maintaining a worldwide business development database, and communicating and implementing best practices for financial and business development activities across all regions.
- Establish an operating process globally to ensure all regional leagues are running effectively and provide visibility on their performance against our goals and objectives .
- Guide and support regional leagues into their financial planning, and drive the yearly strategic planning and forecasting process — acting as an internal consultant to improve product and team performance.
- Find and pursue efficiency opportunities worldwide by using economies of scale and best practices for our business globally.
- Design and maintain a worldwide business development database, creating visibility of deals and sponsorship opportunities across all leagues.
- Create, manage and deliver executive-level reporting for the Global Esports P&L, including monthly, quarterly and yearly financial status reports.
- Create and manage a process for business, financial, and legal review and approval for Esports sponsorship and partnership deals globally.
- Explore new markets and business models through industry trends, forward-looking forecasts, competitive assessments — while building recommendations for strategic growth and monetization.
- 5+ years of experience in consulting, corporate strategy, finance and accounting, business development or other business operations.
- Experience working on a global scale with multiple offices and teams worldwide.
- Hands-on experience in strategic planning processes, including goal setting, forecasting, and financial management.
- MBA is highly desired.
- Games industry or sports experience.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave , plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.