Business Operations Manager - Creative
5 days ago
Bungie is seeking a Business Operations Manager for Bungie’s creative leadership team. As “chief-of-staff” for our Chief Creative Officer, you will assist in crafting and driving internal processes, facilitating transparent communication, and enabling its strategic engine that will shape the work for our creative discipline leads and an organization of around 350 artist, designers, and other creative professionals, all in support of Bungie’s vision, strategy, and Annual Operating Plan goals.
You will also work with our Head of Incubation on the Rhythm of the Business activities that impact our Chief Creative Officer like department long-range and annual planning and budgeting, Incubation Quarterly Business Reviews, and broader alignment of the Incubation business unit with company-wide Rhythm of the Business cadence.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated and empathetic organizer of people and process who embodies a service mindset. If you have a passion for continuous improvement and are excited by the opportunity to orchestrate complex projects and critical initiatives, then we might have the role for you!
- Drive execution of strategic initiatives and projects for the Chief Creative Officer
- Own and facilitate ongoing rituals, communications, and processes for the CCO with his team.
- Bring visibility to the Incubation business unit on company-wide rhythm of the business activities, in partnership with Games & IP business operations managers, while we staff up incubation positions.
- Support the Incubation Leadership Team on company-wide rhythm of the business activities, like Quarterly Business Reviews and long-range and annual planning and budgeting, in partnership with Games & IP business operations managers, while we staff up incubation positions.
- Continuously improve the group’s velocity, teamwork, and transparency
- Develop, refine, reinforce, and embody Bungie’s culture and values
- Actively reassess processes and facilitate change towards continuous improvement.
- Craft communications (email, presentations, etc.) and organizational change management plans, in partnership with the internal Communications team, to the broader studio
- Pro-actively identify and address misalignments and conflicts within the creative organizations and across stakeholders
- Help shape Business Operations excellence at Bungie
- Report to the Senior Business Operations Manager – Development
- Excellent project management skills: building and maintaining work backlogs; tracking, scheduling, and driving projects to completion, documenting and creating communication channel organization
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills. Ability to create and deliver executive presentations and studio-wide communications
- Demonstrable experience fostering teamwork and building high functioning teams
- Proven experience in rapidly learning new methods and processes and adapting them to critical business needs
- Strong facilitation and conflict resolution skills. Ability to drive high-value meetings through challenging discussions and build clear action items and accountability
- Possessing a high degree of emotional intelligence
- Desire for continuous improvement in all aspects of the job
- Exceptional problem-solving skills. Proven ability to understand, simplify, and solve any problems in a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment
- Experience with agile/scrum development processes and tools
- Experience with game development, developing Games as a Service
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Most Bungie full-time employees will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective full-time employees located outside of CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, or WI will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Contractors will follow a digital first approach adhering to the location guidelines agreed upon by our third-party employer/vendor and Bungie. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.