Business Operations Associate
12 days ago
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
Roblox is seeking highly driven and analytical Business Operations Associates to join its Business Operations ("BizOps") team focused on helping to define and drive strategic, operational and organizational optimizations across the company. The BizOps team reports to the VP, Finance.
As a Business Operations Associate, you will be the ultimate data expert and thrive on solving highly analytical problems, driving operational insights, and communicating solutions directly to the senior team. You'll help define and drive strategic, operational and organizational optimizations across the company.
• Develop the company's annual strategic and financial plan
• Track and provide insight regarding the key operating metrics across the company
• Work closely with functional groups across the organization to optimize performance and future growth opportunities
• Provide corporate development support by researching potential acquisition candidates, building business cases and creating financial models for various acquisitions, partnerships and initiatives
• Create materials to communicate strategic priorities and findings to senior management
• Prepare monthly reports for management and the Board of Directors emphasizing operational/financial performance metrics, historical results, forecasts and trends
• Work on key operational and financial issues
• Work from our San Mateo office Headquarters
• 2+ years with a leading investment bank (or private equity, consulting, or corporate development organization)
• Bachelor's degree in engineering, economics or other quantitative field preferred
• Possess excellent analytical, quantitative and investigative skills
• Exhibit intellectual curiosity and an ability to synthesize large amounts of data to create actionable insights
• Drive to develop a deep understanding of business issues and craft well thought out solutions
• Advanced Excel skills to analyze data and create financial and operational models plus Powerpoint to communicate that analysis broadly and clearly
• Exposure to emerging, high-growth companies in the technology or internet sectors a plus
• Experience with SQL, MicroStrategy, Tableau and other BI tools a plus
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches and fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar