This job might no longer be available.
Business Manager - Trust & Safety (Contract)
22 days ago
Twitch is the world’s biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It’s where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We’re about community, inside and out. You’ll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We’re on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we’re up to on LinkedIn and Twitter , get interviewing tips on Instagram , and discover projects we’re solving on our Blog .
About the Position
Trust & Safety is at the core of our efforts to keep Twitch a welcoming and safe place for people to build safe and inclusive communities that allow diverse, global creators to flourish.
Reporting to the Chief of Staff for Global Trust and Safety, the Business Manager will work within a team environment to support the financial, creative communications, and change management functions of the organization across product, operations, policy, data, marketing, and legal teams.
As the Business Manager you will support the rhythm of the business activities, project management of business operation functions and financial management of discretionary team budget. The Business Manager will provide analysis to inform and accelerate business decisions, offer support to manage event engagements of Trust & Safety as needed, and assist with OKR, KPI, and Scorecard metrics, as well as other ad hoc strategic & operational projects across the team.
You can work in San Francisco, CA; Washington, D.C. or anywhere within the U.S.
- Work across a wide group of stakeholders to ensure timely, high quality and consistent completion across the organization to achieve overall business and cultural priorities.
- Partner with finance and drive budget and financial management process including planning and execution, cost management, and resource planning. Manage the discretionary team budget, in collaboration with finance controllers and budget stakeholders, and in full compliance with Twitch policies
- Manage headcount needs for current, and planned organizational growth model
- Support special projects across the organization as needed
- Create and manage on-going review cadence for key team metrics. Develop review structure, scorecards, and tools as needed.
- Support cross-org projects and initiatives to meet the changing business environment and manage complex business needs. Assist the Chief of Staff with rhythm of business (ROB), operations, event planning, and team communications as needed.
- 4+ years of experience in business management, finance, or product/program management with track record of increasing scope of roles and responsibilities.
- Relevant experience with engineering environments working on rhythm-of-business activities, business operations, business management, finance, or other similar environments.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to exercise influence without direct ownership to work closely with senior leadership on the team and across organizations and reporting boundaries to get things done.
- Proactive, forward thinking and able to effectively and quickly synthesize disparate information into clear recommendations, actions and decisions.
- Strong project management skills, with the proven ability to drive for results across a distributed set of stakeholders and projects.
- Ability to translate ideas into clear, high impact communications, maintain good judgment in fast-paced, high-stress environments and excel in an ambiguous environment while effectively triaging several competing priorities
Location(s): San Francisco, CA
Contract Length: 6 months
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The pay range for this position in Colorado and Connecticut is $60-85 hourly; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act and CT House Bill Number 6380. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Twitch's internal or external careers site.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.