Business Manager, New Initiatives
8 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Business Manager - New Initiatives
San Mateo, CA (hybrid)
We are looking for a creative and tenacious growth program manager to help build and differentiate our nascent US business. In this role you will optimize sales through identifying, prioritizing and helping launch key conversion driving programs and new non product opportunities for the business, usually requiring extensive and ongoing cross functional support (e.g. refurbished products, warranties and service, financing, new fulfillment models, gifting options, influencer content, community, etc).
What you'll be doing:
- As a Business Manager - New Initiatives, you will work in the white space between the PlayStation Direct commercial and digital merchandising teams, or in support of these teams, to find, launch and incubate programs aimed at increasing growth, profitability, and accelerating PlayStation Direct performance. To accomplish this, you will research and identify new business opportunities and conversion programs - including capabilities, routes to market, growth areas, trends, customers, partnerships, products and services.
- You will be responsible for building business cases and completing due diligence to evaluate benefits, costs, and risks of new opportunities. Accountable for securing cross functional support and ownership if applicable, influencing upwards and laterally to drive organizational change and alignment.
- The Business Manager - New Initiatives will engage with finance, operations, supply chain and other partner teams to define program scope & requirements, assign responsibilities, identify resources needed, and ensure delivery of programs and strategic projects. Additionally, they will lead term sheet development with legal for partner agreements.
- As needed, help program manage complex programs and initiatives for PSD which require significant external partner or cross functional engagement across the organization. For each program and initiative establish and assess key success measures.
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of eCommerce business development or business management experience, preferably in consumer electronics or related categories
- Management consulting or startup experience is a plus
- Strong quantitative analysis, problem-solving, and conceptual skills.
- Solid program and project management skills, having managed and successfully delivered multiple, complex projects
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills (including PowerPoint and Excel).
- Ability to operate at a strategic level and also to roll up your sleeves and execute the details; easily able to shift from one to the other
- Self-directed and able to effectively manage ambiguity
- Ability to motivate change and lead through influence in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.