Business Intelligence Manager
13 days ago
The Business Intelligence Manager reports to the Head of Business Intelligence and supports stakeholders in Finance, Marketing and game development teams as well as partners with data analytics teams and Central Tech.
The Business Intelligence Manager has exceptional analytical thinking, a solid understanding of database management, experience developing corporate reporting systems, familiarity with advanced data analytics methodologies and a relevant financial and technical background. The BI Manager’s skill set is a balance of technical know-how with business acumen, and a trusted partner and thought-leader to stakeholders in Marketing, Finance and game development.
Business Intelligence is responsible for centralized corporate reporting, and as such its mandate is performance measurement of the total performance of the company. Business Intelligence is a partner to Game Data Analytics, Data Science, Growth Marketing Analytics and Central Tech as an active participant on the Data Governance Council.
The primary role of the BI Manager is to maintain and continue developing the corporate BI platform, a centralized corporate performance management tool. The manager will gather business requirements, design the BI solution and oversee development of the solution with external vendors.
In addition, as a data steward of the data strategy, the Business Intelligence Manager will act as administrator of data governance programs, supported by the Head of Business Intelligence and the Data Governance Council.
While the role has no direct reports at this time, this individual manages programs and relationships with partners throughout the organization and external to the organization.
- Oversee operation, maintenance and continuous development of corporate reporting systems
- Conduct business requirements analysis, design and prototyping, and collaborate with consultant on development of modules of the corporate BI platform
- Effectively promote business acumen and performance management throughout the organization by creating training materials, holding training sessions and change management of new analytics
- Actively participate in Data Governance Council as administrator of data governance programs, and providing thought-leadership on data governance practices
- Support Finance department with analytics to support budget forecasting and financial reporting systems, as required
- Collaborate with Game Data Analytics on shared initiatives
- Support Executive Producers and game teams with analytical support if required
- Continuously optimize the company’s BI platform while implementing best practices from across the analytics industry
- Create detailed presentations for senior executives and partners in Finance to report on trends and events, and inform decision making
- Ad-hoc analysis and reporting on key business initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Computer Science or a related field, complimented by relevant experience in other fields that results in balanced knowledge between technology and business
- Deep hands-on knowledge and experience with data systems and tools, exhibiting a regimented method of information system development. Experience with Google Cloud Services and Google Big Query is an advantage
- Experience with analytics tools (such as Tableau, Power BI, etc.); experience with Sisense is an asset
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word. Experience with Google Suite is an advantage
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, ability to create a compelling narrative
- Strong natural curiosity and ability to dissect problems to root causes
- Strong UX/UI focus; able to empathize with the end-user and design tools with usability and comprehensibility
- Ability to gather business requirements, design and develop BI solutions
- A basic understanding of statistics and data visualization techniques
- Operational discipline with solid project management and change management skills
- Experience with people management and influencing cross-functional teams
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail, especially when it affects end-user behaviour
- Experience within the video game industry is an asset
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to apply now and start the conversation with us.
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made and continue to entertain the world!
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.