Business Intelligence Engineering Manager
9 days ago
The Business Intelligence Engineering Manager will be a role model for high standards, customer obsession, timely delivery of results and business insights partnering with cross-functional teams. You will be working on various business problems in complex data environments. You will dive deep into big datasets with an expectation to produce the best analytics and metrics solutions to support new business models. We are looking for a roll-up sleeves leader with solid analytical skills, the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, a strong bias for action, superb customer focus, and a knack for developing talent, and the ability to communicate with and influence diverse business groups.
The Business Intelligence Engineering team mission is to ensure the business teams have access to data and actionable insights as effortlessly as possible. This entails not only providing them with analysis and reviews about their product or operation, but also building and evolving tools, reports, and dashboards as well as providing proper training to allow them to have broader access to data and to self-serve their analytics needs as much as possible. Whenever self-service is not possible, we will be there as trusted advisors and developers to improve or create analytics solutions and support the business. Finally, our ambition is not just to support business teams, but to actively contribute to their endeavors. We want to influence their roadmap and help them achieve better results through data.
- Ensure long-term alignment with the business and set the direction to the team accordingly;
- Estimate, especify, hire, and staff the necessary people capacity;
- Partner with other teams to gather resources, support, or commitment to ensure critical/structural projects will be carried out;
- Ensure initiatives aligns with the team mission and direction.
What you'll do
- Build, lead, and develop a top performing team of leads, analysts, and engineers;
- Work closely with managers to support and discover business reporting and analysis needs;
- Build and maintain collaboration mechanisms designed to drive engagement with data engineering and software teams in support of building best-in-class data architecture and pipelines to support analytics needs;
- Promote data modeling and metadata generation improvements to support ad-hoc and pre-built reporting systems;
- Partner with internal teams to translate complex or ambiguous business problem statements into analysis and reporting requirements.
What you'll need
- MBA or M.S. in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Operations Research, Finance, or other quantitative field
- 5 + years of experience working as a business intelligence engineer or big data analyst
- Relevant experience in business intelligence or business analyst roles, including data warehousing and business intelligence tools, techniques, and technology
- Experience in complex data analysis (model creation, what-if scenarios, A/B testing, etc.)
- Knowledge of data warehouse technical architecture, infrastructure components, ETL and reporting/analytic tools and environments
- Proficiency with data querying or modeling technique with SQL and/or R
- Proficiency with Python or other relevant scripting language
- Knowledge and direct experience using business intelligence reporting tools such as Looker or Tableau
- Excellent communication and presentation skills working with multiple peer groups and different levels of management
- Experience with product analytics
More about you
- You combine technical knowledge and business savvy
- You are motivated by the value you generate to the business through your data
- You like to navigate on a fast-paced, fast-changing environment
- You are an excellent teammate and raise the bar of those around you.
Wildlife is one of the leading mobile game developers and publishers in the world. We have released more than 60 titles, reaching billions of people around the globe. Today, we have offices in Brazil, Argentina, Ireland, and the United States. Here, we create games that will excite, intrigue, and engage our players for years to come!
Wildlife is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
Wildlife is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.