Business Intelligence Engineer - Prime Gaming
5 days ago
Prime Gaming is an Amazon Prime benefit offering members tons of free, exclusive content for their favorite games, a library of free games, and more. Prime Gaming joins Prime Video, Amazon Music, and Prime Reading to give Prime members the best of all kinds of entertainment. We’re looking for a Business Intelligence Engineer to join our team as we continue to make Prime Gaming the most customer-obsessed service possible.
Prime Gaming is seeking a Business Intelligence Engineer to take on end-to-end ownership in delivering large scale solutions in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment. In this role, you will be a creative problem solver obsessed with delivering the best customer experience, as well as a highly analytical, resourceful, customer focused, team-oriented individual able to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. You also have excellent communication skills and work well with world class teams (internal or external). If you have these traits and are excited about making a big impact in the game industry, we're looking for you!
· Interface with business customers, gather requirements and deliver accurate, easy to use and scalable Business Intelligence solutions.
· Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources.
· Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions.
· Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
· Build ETL, data pipeline jobs, appropriate aggregations, and automated delivery.
· Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers.
· Up-level analysis to include predictive modeling for customer attrition, acquisition targets based on customer profiles, etc.
· See what others are not able to see – identify existing issues with processes, discover hidden opportunities.
· Partner with Prime Gaming Product Managers on cross-team BI and product prioritization initiatives and partner enablement.
About Amazon Games
Amazon Games applies the principles of Amazonian culture to the world of game design. We have a diverse team of talented, creative people pairing their love of making games with the unique strengths that come with being part of Amazon. Across all of our teams and locations, we are united by a common purpose: to share great gaming experiences with customers around the world. We believe in a future where everyone is a gamer and everyone can create, compete, collaborate and connect through games, and we are looking for the right people to help us build that future. With the power of Twitch and AWS at your fingertips, you will have the chance to innovate in gameplay, creativity, marketing, and technology, while working alongside some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Inclusive Culture, Work/Life Balance, & Career Growth
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
· Degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or equivalent experience
· 5+ years of relevant work experience in Data Science, Business Analytics, Business Intelligence (BI), or comparable experience
· 3+ years experience in data extraction, transformation, statistical analysis and predictive modeling
· 1+ years experience building SQL, ETLs and cloud solutions in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets
· 1+ years experience deep, hands-on AWS experience including Redshift, RDS, S3, Kinesis and Firehose
· 1+ years experience using business intelligence tools including Tableau, Quicksight and Alteryx
· 1+ years experience in gathering requirements and formulating business metrics
· 1+ years experience working directly with customers on understanding data needs and delivering BI reports, dashboards, and predictive analytics
· Experience in Machine Learning
· Deep knowledge of RDBMS (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server) and NoSQL databases such as HBase, Vertica, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Cassandra
· Strong architectural experience in context of deploying cloud-based data solutions
· Thorough understanding of service-oriented architectures and data processing in high-volume applications.
· Full SDLC experience (requirements gathering through production deployment)
· Experience using Python, VBA and Java
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.