This job might no longer be available.
Business Intelligence Developer
Toronto ON ca
7 months ago
Ubisoft Toronto Inc.
224 Wallace Avenue. M6H 1V7
Location of position: Toronto, Ontario
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore, and discover new possibilities.
Ubisoft Toronto was founded in 2010 and has contributed to many award-winning Ubisoft brands including: Assassin’s Creed®, Far Cry®, For HonorTM, Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell®, and Watch Dogs®. In 2018, the team at Ubisoft Toronto developed its first new IP, Starlink: Battle for Atlas, and is leading development of Watch Dogs: Legion, in stores March 2020. Ubisoft Toronto is one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for four consecutive years and in 2018, one of GamesIndustry.biz Best Places to Work.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas have a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Challenge accepted? Join us and Create the Unknown.
Business Intelligence Developer
The BI Developer will maximize analytics’ team efficiency in its technological environment by improving data reliability, efficiency and quality through database architecture, design and automation. In addition, act as a resourceful partner who ensures the liaison between data providers and analytics experts
Type of Position: Permanent, full-time
- The main and routine tasks of the BI developer are to:
- Act as subject matter expert in all facets of complex ETL processes. From gathering design, to deployment, monitoring, troubleshooting and implementing solutions to facilitate ETL operation and management;
- Collaborate with the Game Intelligence Analyst to ensure that sizing techniques (sampling, sent frequency, pop service usage, etc.) support efficient analytics operations for its different usage during game development;
- Collaborate to telemetry design (events and in-game stats) to ensure efficient usage of collected data (ETL & ad hoc);
- Evaluate tracking events integrated in the game to identify risks for scalability during launch and develop methods for efficient reporting and data storage;
- Propose, implement and maintain solutions to facilitate usage of external data sources and to cross those data sources with game telemetry;
- Deploy solutions that allows to monitor efficiently data quality during projects lifecycle;
- Ensure the deployment of backup solution aligned with the needs, in collaboration with technological partners
- Build complex SQL queries, scripts, stored procedures and User-Defined Functions;
- Monitor the operation load on the servers (YARN), identify issues and contribute to their resolution;
- Develop tools that improve presentation, reporting and data visualization;
- Draft technical documents, user manuals and installation guides;
- Contribute to the continued enhancement of the products, code and documents;
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or computer engineering or equivalent. Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Management or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
Minimum 2 years’ experience in business intelligence with a broad range of software development and programming experience in data solutions.
- Ability to optimize ETL processes by using incremental loading to create fact/summary tables;
- Expertise with SQL and Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Impala);
- Knowledge and experience with BI Tools (e.g. Tableau);
- Development of R, Python, or Java tools to facilitate data analysis;
- Experience working with a variety of data formats (XML and JSON) and transforming them into a relational database structure
- Debugging and trouble-shooting expertise;
- Passion for solving challenges, demonstrated innovative thinking and problem solving skill;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Attention to detail with drive for results;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Be flexible and proactive, ready to work with non-expert and evolving technologies and demands;
- Knowledge of video game industry considered an asset;
- Bilingualism (French-English) an asset.
· Competitive Salary
· Comprehensive Benefits Package:
o Disability Insurance
o Dental Insurance
o Extended medical insurance
o (Optional) RRSP contribution
o Bonus (If Applicable)
Why Ubisoft Toronto?
Located in Toronto's up-and-coming Junction Triangle neighbourhood since 2010, Ubisoft Toronto is a studio full of passionate and experienced game developers focused on making innovative and exciting games. With over 35 languages spoken, Ubisoft Toronto is as diverse as the booming city it calls home. At Ubisoft Toronto, we are passionate about positive culture. We host monthly team celebrations, organize events for employees and their families, and we offer a variety of health and wellness initiatives like on-site yoga, on-site occupational therapists, flexible days, and an abundance of fresh fruit to promote a balanced life.
Ubisoft Toronto conducts annual performance reviews to help our team develop their careers and grow with our studio, and we provide the opportunity for salary increases annually as part of the performance review process. Ubisoft Toronto also offers a comprehensive health benefits package, generous RRSP matching, industry education support, training, and career development.
Join us and see for yourself why Ubisoft is rated one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, and one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People multiple years running!
We hunt for talent from across the industry – seasoned experts who know what it takes to ship world-class games and the next generation of game developer all-stars. We value team chemistry and a desire to grow our studio together. If this sounds like your kind of studio, what are you waiting for? Apply to join us now!
Ubisoft Toronto is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. The studio welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities and we are committed to providing reasonable accommodation upon request. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.