Business Intelligence Developer
9 days ago
Job Posting TitleBusiness Intelligence Developer
SummaryThis position will be key in delivering the Global and Regional Data & Insights strategies to realise significant benefits for the ANZ business through:
Working with stakeholders across the business to understand their priorities and identify where insight can add significant value.
Conceptualising, designing and delivering appropriate automated processes, intuitive guided analysis tools/applications and predictive statistical models and tools that deliver sustained positive outcomes for the business.
Documenting, maintaining and continuously improving the quality of new and existing data governance and business intelligence capabilities and processes.
Co-ordinating with other data analysts across key business units to ensure consistency/alignment, identify efficiencies, avoid duplication and address gaps in data related needs.
What you'll do
Automation & Visualisation Platforms
- Design, development and testing of new process automation & data visualisation tools & applications based upon business needs and insights strategy.
- SME for existing and new automation & visualisation applications and responsible for maintaining and delivering product backlog.
- Deployment and day-to-day management of tools applications including (but not limited to) setup of reload tasks, license allocation, , trouble shooting and issue resolution.
- Deliver QlikView presentations and training sessions to end users to increase user uptake and realise full benefits.
- Design, development and testing of new databases based upon business needs and insights strategy.
- Management of Insights owned data sources and maintainance of associated reference structures.
- Proactive in sourcing, investigating and understanding new data from internal and external parties where required.
- Champion for data governance and embedding suitable data quality checks throughout the data layer.
- Working with cross-functional stakeholders to understand their business priorities and becoming a trusted Insights adviser.
- Ability to facilitate business sessions to capture user stories.
- Delivery of BI presentations and training sessions to champion new BI capabilities.
- Collaborate with and (where relevant) mentor other data analysts in regards to process automation, application conceptualisation/design and pinciples of guided visualisation tools.
- Weekly reload of performance dashboard.
- Monthly reload of performance reporting.
- Creation of data tables and graphs as required for regular reporting or ad hoc presentations.
- Create and maintain supporting documentation for all technical processes and tools developed by the Insights function including collaborating with regional colleagues to identify and implement best practice approaches
Ad Hoc Projects
- Partner with the other business units to consult/advise/deliver data related projects as required e.g. Systems
- Support the implementation of the Insights Strategy in the delivery of special projects as assigned by Senior Leaders in the business
What we're looking for
You will have a passion for data and how it can be used to deliver positive business outcomes, and you’ll have the technical capability and personal skills to make it a reality. You may have come from either a technology or development background, and will have a strong belief in the transformative potential of data and Insights.
- Degree qualified in Computer Science or Information Technology related discipline.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a B.I. Developer or equivalent.
- Excellent knowledge of designing, developing, and maintaining applications in data visualisation platforms, particularly QlikView and QlikSense.
- Excellent knowledge of Databases, API’s, Data Modelling and Data Wrangling.
- Proficiency in SQL, Python and Shell Scripting.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders and articulate Insight issues in a business language to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to develop strong relationships within cross-functional teams with a general understanding of business operations, marketing, product management and sales.
- Knowledge of Data Flows and Solutions Architecture is an advantage
- Knowledge of the gaming industry is an advantage.
- World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
- Robust benefits package
- Global career opportunities
- All about the Player
- Talent Unleashed
- Collective Brilliance
- Good Business Good Citizen
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.