Business Intelligence Analyst
Montreal QC ca
6 days ago
Ubisoft Montreal, an industry leading developer of video games, located in the heart of Montreal’s Mile-End, offers a unique environment where creativity, teamwork and cutting-edge technology bring to life critically acclaimed video games and iconic AAA franchises. You will benefit from a competitive compensation package, an open learning environment, and contribute to an international team driving innovation.
The Business Intelligence Analyst will contribute to business solution and management tool design for service and video game production teams. The incumbent will oversee development (technical analysis, design, implementation and unit tests) and play a role in functional analysis, integration tests and business solution deployment.
The main and routine tasks of the analyst are to:
· Develop and support computer applications;
· Take part in setting out the architecture and design;
· Work as a team with project managers to ensure functional analyses and handle client challenges;
· Remain aware of business needs and drive the attainment of the objectives set out for each project phase;
· Apply and enhance internal design and programming methods;
· Assess the incidence of the solutions proposed for the existing systems to ensure that they will enhance productivity and collaboration between teams and studios;
· Analyze the characteristics of the system to ensure they meet needs and are reliable;
· Stay informed of new techniques and suggest development tools;
· Plan tasks and manage the risks and impacts of these developments;
· Keep the project manager, supervisors and internal clients informed of the advancement of the project;
· Identify and resolve the applications’ technical issues;
· Draft reports;
· Carry out all other related tasks.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent.
• Five years’ experience in PL/SQL; • Experience in Oracle third parties (Forms, Reports, Workflow, XML Publisher, Discoverer, Apache); • Experience in GL and project modules; • Experience in the Linux operating system; • Experience in different environments (SQA, UAT, PROD and JDevelopper).
• Excellent problem-solving skills • Creativity • Autonomy • Client focus • Excellent process management skills • Ability to quickly adapt to situations • Ability to collaborate effectively
• Bilingualism (French-English, spoken and written) • Solid IT knowledge • Basic bug knowledge (Jira, BugTracker) • Knowledge of Source Control tools (e.g. Perforce) • Knowledge of Agile methods and especially Scrum • Knowledge of deployment phases (SQA, UAT, PROD)