This job might no longer be available.
Business Insights Analyst - Global Third Party Relations
15 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognised as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
As a Business Insights Analyst you are a key member within the Global Third Party Relations Business Planning department, responsible for driving insights and data driven stories on major third party partner performance to drive business decisions.
The role encompasses establishing a program of reporting on all levels of the 3 rd party software business on PlayStation. Maintaining KPI programs on partnership content. Financial contribution assessment of partners to identify opportunities for growth. Creating data driven narratives to evangelise the PlayStation platform and services program to 3 rd party partners. Providing reporting to partners on their respective performance on the platform to determine future business to partner action plans.
What you'll be doing:
- Establish and maintain suitable performance tracking for major partners and the overall 3 rd Party business
- Manage title level KPI reporting: Commercial, Engagement, Monetisation and subscription performances of major partnership titles, identifying key drivers of variances
- Create forecasting models on the engagement and monetisation behaviour of key partner titles
- Monitor the contribution of business partners to SIE’s financial and other goals, working closely with Account Management and Partners to set targets
- Build quarterly partner specific performance reports to provide a data driven narrative for partner business planning
- Develop platform evangelisation documentation for partner presentations
- Measure the impact of business activity on platform health
- Support special projects as assigned e.g., competitive landscape analysis, Business model assessment, Content forecasting
What we’re looking for:
- Proven experience as a business analyst or a highly commercial financial analyst role
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and other BI/Reporting tools such as Qlik, Microstrategy and/or Tableau
- Forecasting experience
- SQL skills desirable
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to structure problems for analysis
- Experienced at extracting insights from data sets, setting realistic KPIs/metrics and communicating insights and recommendations using PowerPoint to senior-level executives
- Proficient at multi-tasking in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Skilled communicator with excellent verbal, presentation, and written communication skills
- Team player, detail-oriented, highly organised, proactive, and able to work independently
- Self-motivated with a collaborative spirit, positive attitude, and strong desire for team’s success in a highly competitive industry
- Adapt in cross-cultural organisations e.g. various geographic locations, cultural sensitivities, effective communication.
- An interest in, and knowledge of, video games is essential.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.