Business Finance Manager, Pricing
6 days ago
Linden Lab develops platforms that empower people to create, share, and thrive within virtual experiences.
Founded in 1999, the company first launched Second Life , the groundbreaking virtual world enjoyed by millions around the globe, in 2003, which has since gone on to boast nearly two billion user creations and a vibrant $500 million (USD) economy.
At Linden, we value a workplace that’s as diverse as our products. As we continue to grow, we remain dedicated to building a company that is rooted in organizational health, strengths-based leadership, and the belief that teams are stronger than individuals.
If you want access to the forefront of virtual words, this is the place for you. We’ve created space for everyone to find belonging and invite you to come as you are.
We are seeking a Business Finance Manager, Pricing to join our ambitious finance team to play a key and hands-on role in finance and work closely with the Accounting department. This person will report to the Director of Finance, and work with our CFO to help drive improvements and efficiencies through the organization of Second Life.
You will thrive in areas of budgeting, forecasting processes, financial performance reporting, monthly close process, purchase requisitions reviews, headcount change management, infrastructure forecasting, scenario/ROI analyses and modeling, finance transformation and optimization initiatives and operational improvements.
What We’ll Offer You
The stability of an established company with new startup momentum. An unparalleled opportunity to create relationships, systems, strategy and culture. An environment where your voice will be heard and your impact deeply felt. A sense of belonging where your work is appreciated and rewarded.
As Business Finance Manager, you will be instrumental in business progression. With direct access to leadership from executive level down, you will own forecasting, budgets, board presentations, and The Office of Second Life (TOOSL) meetings. Operating in a fast-paced, high-growth environment we offer you the opportunity to advance your career and thrive in a people-centric organization
What We’ll Create Together
- Build relationships with partners and actively collaborate to work toward delivering Business unit goals
- Prepare, hold, and present business reviews for leaders focused on the story (not just data) with clear insights and actionable presentation material
- Support strategic decision-making by partnering on business-related projects such as modeling business scenarios, building ROI and what-if analysis
- Financial Close, Forecasting, Reporting, and Analysis
- Own the financial forecast and provide insightful analysis to highlight variance drivers and identify opportunities to mitigate risk / improve performance
- Partner with the Accounting group to manage Close deliverables, timelines, processes, and reporting
- Drive FP&A Excellence
- Identify and lead initiatives to continuously improve, standardize and automate forecasting and reporting tools and processes
- Work closely with functional heads to set up and maintain quarterly/monthly/annual financial forecasts and report out performance against financial goals
- Challenge the status quo and provide alternative solutions
What You’ll Bring to the Team
At Linden, we celebrate all the dimensions of diversity, including diversity of experience. We recognize that candidates applying for this role will be most successful if they bring the following with them:
- 8-10 years professional experience; with 5+ years of experience in a financial planning and analysis role
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Working experience and knowledge of NetSuite and Adaptive Planning; advanced Excel skills
- Thorough understanding of GAAP
- Strong analytical skills; ability to deeply analyze financial data and clearly communicate variances; perform reconciliations and build financial bridges; organized and detail oriented
- Drive development of business plans; assist in scenario and what-if analysis, ROI and cost-benefit analysis
- Ability to operate independently with limited instructions; thrives in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- The professional is expected to be hands-on and will have no direct reports
- Effective communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate business position
- Ability to prepare “executive-ready” deliverables; takes pride in and produces high-quality work
- Positive mindset; an individual who is passionate to learn, is a self-starter who enjoys leading the initiative
- Proactively seeks out opportunities to contribute and improve existing processes; looks for areas to improve financial health of the organization and is a vocal contributor
- Experience with executive and/or Board presentations, a plus
If you feel like you don’t meet all of the requirements for this role, we encourage you to apply anyway. The confidence gap and imposter syndrome can sometimes get in the way of meeting incredible candidates and we don’t want it to get in the way of meeting you. We encourage you to reach out if you have belief in our mission and your own ability to contribute to our team!
The Fine Print
Pay Transparency Notice
The Company’s Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair, unbiased compensation and equitable pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. Depending on your U.S. work location, the starting annual salary for this position can range from $106,000 - $150,000 + RSU equity incentive plan + generous benefits program, including comprehensive medical, dental, vision and 401(k). Actual base pay within this range is dependent on many factors, including experience, competencies, skills, internal equity and calibration to market data. Our compensation philosophy includes a location-based strategy, which means that the starting salary within this range will be adjusted for any applicable geographic differential associated with the location where the position is filled. Your talent partner will share more about the specific salary range for your location during the hiring process.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
As a remote-first company, we take great care to ensure an inclusive experience for all of our employees. You may be offered the opportunity to travel to company meetings and events, however this is not a requirement. We aim to optimize for remote attendance, not just accommodate it.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use the computer and communicate with coworkers in a remote office environment. The employee frequently is required to stand or sit to complete work and may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
The Company celebrates diversity of thought, race, national origin and culture, age, experience, religion, economic and social status, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability status. Building a culture of inclusion and belonging allows us to create and share experiences with each other, and with our virtual communities. We always seek to maintain a diverse and welcoming workplace, and candidates from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Global Data Privacy Notice
Depending on your location, the California Privacy Rights Act (CPRA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here . By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.