Business Development at The Irregular Corporation
6 days ago
Tonic Games Group brings together a family of world-class developers and publishers who believe that games are for everyone. More than 300 people strong; we bring together Mediatonic, Fortitude Games and The Irregular Corporation to create original IP and invest in independent game developers globally.
We continue to build on our ambitions and projects and as such we are looking to hire a Biz Dev games industry expert to join us at The Irregular Corporation. The Irregular Corporation is a successful independent games publisher, focusing on releasing original games for niche markets and communities. Find out more about here: https://theirregularcorporation.com/
At The Irregular Corporation, we’re a small, fun and nimble team of experienced professionals, with every member having direct input on strategy, decision making and company performance. We’re also a remote working organisation - so you can work from anywhere! We use instant messaging, video calls and emails to communicate, and we all get together in London at least once a quarter..
Your role will be to foster, create and deliver the very best opportunities for The Irregular Corporation, by owning our new games pipeline, our partnership & BD strategy and our network of suppliers.
Responsibilities will include
New Games Pipeline
Seeking out & generating relationships with the best games companies in the world to enable the signing and creation of ground-breaking titles.
- Identifying potential new games through multiple sources, and moving them through the sales pipeline - we’re looking for the right teams, the right titles, and the right terms, not the quick and easy deal
- Overseeing the due-diligence process of potential new signings
- Negotiating contracts and closing deals, then onboarding the development team
- Brokering and maintaining positive, long-term relationships with internal and external partners at all levels: working with VPs and C-level executives as often as production teams
Bringing on board strategic partners to enable the delivery of our commercial and creative aspirations.
- Finding, negotiating and signing partnership agreements, in particular with platform partners or licensors, which help us to deliver on our commercial obligations and objectives
- Identifying additional opportunities across the industry, joining the dots from ethereal concept to signed commercial partnership
BD Strategy Ownership and TIC Representation
Owning our internal BD process and representing BD at TIC both internally and externally.
- Representing the Irregular Corporation at events and online, in order to build and safeguard the reputation and build new relationships
- Taking responsibility for the development of the whole BD Strategy and streamlining the day to day process
- Sharing regular communications internally and running evaluation sessions for potential titles to ensure everyone is up to date and able to be involved in the process
- Contributing to the evolving strategy of the overall business, including our China strategy in particular, by providing excellent, consistently up to date market knowledge
Bringing on board best-in-class talent to help us realise our creative expectations.
- Helping to source talent from across the industry, using your contacts
- Sourcing & negotiating with suppliers
- Ultimately building & maintaining a database of proven vendors (porting, Loc, QA, co-dev etc.).
You will be:
- An expert in games business development, with several years of industry experience and extensive contacts in the business
- Proud of your deep knowledge of the games industry and your proven track record of establishing strategic partnerships and closing complex deals
- Beyond organised, with a proven system for capturing, prioritising and executing tasks across multiple projects
- The best communicator with an eye for detail and an incredible ability to mulit-task
- Self-motivated and able to work remotely with a high degree of independence
- Someone who cares deeply about their work, and takes pride and ownership in the success of the business and its relationships.
- Passionate about games!
- You’re a pitch rock star
- You can negotiate contracts, and can turn difficult conversations into positives.
- You’re a closer – untied threads bother you and you finish what you start
- You have a proven ability to foster long-term working relationships
- You’re trustworthy, discreet & display high levels of business maturity
- You’re insanely flexible, you’re used to managing huge numbers of conflicting priorities and able to switch strategy fast
- You are a natural problem solver
- You’re okay with not being the star of the show, and are able to bring other team members to the fore when appropriate - you see the success of the business as your success
- You’re resilient – you can handle stress and pressure with cool & panache
- You have great written and spoken English.
Note that, in more normal times, this role requires a degree of domestic and international travel – sometimes without a lot of notice.
Want to Work for Us?
Are you interested in joining a business who strive to create moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years? We not only offer you the chance to work with fantastic teams, on awesome and inspiring projects, we also offer competitive salaries and many other benefits - plus you can work from anywhere!
As a creative business, we recognise that creativity is best inspired by different experiences and perspectives and we strive to create a culture of belonging, where all our colleagues feel welcome and diversity is celebrated. As we push towards ever more ambitious and high quality titles, we are looking for the finest talent in the industry to come and join us on our quest.
Tips for Applying
As a people first company, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. Alongside your CV, we’d love to see a personal cover letter outlining what you’d bring to this role.