Business Development Manager
12 days ago
Who We Are
Sitting at the intersection of social networking and gaming, we empower creativity and connection in a digital world. Our mission is to build deep, rich virtual worlds where everyone belongs.
We have been working towards this mission for a decade. We are the creators of Highrise
, the first virtual world on mobile, which has seen extraordinary growth over the last few years and now boasts over 20 million users across iOS
. Every day, the citizens of Highrise come together to hangout, explore, create, collect, and trade in our metaverse, and we are on the precipice of making history once again with our expansion into Highrise World
To build creative worlds where you belong.
About This Role
You will be the founding member of the business development team and will report to our CEO and Co-founder Anton Bernstein
. (Please note that if you reach out to Anton, he may not reply due to the volume of messages received.)
In this position, you will be able to combine your passion for virtual worlds with developing innovative partnership ideas. You will create meaningful relationships with key brands and industry leaders - onboarding them and engaging them with our product.
The mission for this role is to lead the development of new partnerships and business opportunities that will help 10x Highrise. You will maintain and support our existing relationships as well as onboard new partners, negotiate and secure deals.
Key Indicators of Success
- Negotiate and secure partnerships with key strategic brands that can launch virtual goods and experiences in Highrise. 10 partnerships is our stretch goal at the moment.
- Interface with our Marketing and Live Ops teams to ensure that all partner launches are successful.
What You Will Do
- Actively shape new business opportunities and partnerships for Pocket Worlds.
- Manage the partnership relationship from ideation throughout the life of the partnership.
- Act as an account manager with the goal of managing and retaining existing partnerships.
- Build and manage a strong network of partners, clients, agencies, brands, influencers, third-party vendors, and organizations.
- Coordinate with internal Teams (such as Design, Marketing, and business dev) & Partners to build the best - experience for brands.
- Develop and implement business strategy to attract, negotiate and execute new partner deals.
- Build a deep understanding of our user base and the market to continuously develop new ideas.
What You Can Expect in the First 90 Days
- Create a list of prospective partners who would we would reach out to.
- Reach out to prospective partners and introduce them to Highrise for brand awareness and relationship-building purposes.
- Close (or be near closing) your first partnership with Highrise!
- Build a strong relationship with relevant teams at Highrise (Marketing, LiveOps, Product…).
Who You Are
- You are a proactive self-starter who thrives in working autonomously.
- You have knowledge and high passion for virtual worlds, 3D, gaming, and crypto.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset with high passion to make an impact and push the company to the next level.
- You have high tolerance for ambiguity and many course shifts.
- You are curious and open-minded.
- You believe in moving quickly and have strong solving problems skills.
- They know you for being fast on execution and iterating quickly.
- You have extraordinary written and verbal communication skills in English.
- You have experience closing deals: negotiating, reviewing contracts, and getting started.
- Experience learning and adapting quickly to new directions, priorities, and tools.
- Keen interest and experience in analyzing data and deriving actionable business insights.
- English fluency.
- Exceptional analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
Nice to Have’s
- You have done this before for a mobile gaming company!
- You are passionate about building rich virtual worlds where self-expression is embraced and encouraged.
- Equipment allowance so you can choose whatever you need to work comfortably.
- Company-sponsored medical and dental insurance.
- Unlimited Vacation policy. We know how important taking time off is and we encourage it. Our team takes about 20 days off on average every year.
- Education stipend. We deeply believe in learning and self-improvement. We've set aside a budget for every employee to learn additional skills and grow.
- Monthly Fitness Allowance to stay active and take care of your physical health.
- Working with a diverse team of people in over 15 countries.
- You have a voice! We love hearing ideas and want to embrace you for them.
- Extremely low turnover environment. Over 20% of our team has been here for over 3 years!
- Coworking space stipend in whichever location you want.
- Monthly team building budget to get to know your team.
- Team retreats to meet face-to-face and deepen connection.
- Bring your pet to work every day! We love seeing your furry loved ones.
As a fully remote company, we strive to have an equitable compensation philosophy that allows us to take good care of our people, no matter where they are in the world. At the moment, our philosophy is composed of multiple factors such as market pay, location, performance, and other rewards. Our compensation philosophy is meant to support our organization’s strategic plan and operating objectives — as we continue to grow as a company, so will our approach to compensation.
The salary range for this role is $60,000 - $85,000 in US and Canada. Salary will be adjusted based on your location.
What its Really Like to Work Here
We are a global team of nearly 100 people right now and rapidly growing. We feel a sense of ownership over our work and take great pride in what we do. We are not afraid to make, and most importantly, admit our mistakes — that allows us to show up authentically and build relationships of trust across the board. We are the scrappy kind, so we try to do more with less, and we love that! If you were to ask our team to describe our culture, they would probably say we are a passionate group of peeps trying to impact the next revolution of the internet.
Dream big, then make it real.
Be an owner, make a difference.
Build with humility.
Fast is better than slow.
Keep it scrappy.
Always be learning.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Read more about our values here