This job might no longer be available.
Business Development Manager
11 days ago
To our wonderful friends and followers around the world, Jagex is not pausing its search for the most talented people to join its ranks. We’re a successful, robust and growing business, after all.
In light of the current situation concerning coronavirus, we have already made changes to the way we recruit, and of course are mindful of following all necessary processes to ensure the safety of our staff and anyone we might come into contact with.
Jagex has switched to working almost entirely remotely, and in line with that our recruitment and selection process has moved to an entirely remote one with video calls being the preferred method of interview.
Our hiring managers are engaged, we are well-prepared and we sincerely look forward to talking to you soon. Our team of expert recruiters will be in touch with you to talk you through the process and changes and what to expect.
So, don’t delay, get that application in today!
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 360 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
Your role will include working with the Director of Business Development on creating strong relationships with businesses, IP licensees and commercial partnerships to drive inbound revenue for the company. You focus will be on the day-to-day management of partners, understanding and executing against contracts while managing stakeholder expectations and developing internal and external presentations and support materials for the company.
Key Duties Include:
- Leverage a strong existing portfolio of industry partners and licensees to create new opportunities for the JXP department
- Leverage industry relationships to identify, create a business case and promote internally
- Manage existing relationships with IP Licensees through clear and concise communications
- Coordination of internal resources and working with project management teams to establish roadmaps, process and RACI documents
- Develop and maintain key working relationships with existing publishing platforms, hardware vendors and software providers and facilitating the onboarding of new partners
- Maintain relationships with digital distribution partners and disseminating best practice
- Work with internal teams to drive and manage RFP process
- Develop priority-setting process, identify blockers and solutions, and facilitate execution
- Provide support for outbound licensing solutions from interdepartmental liaison for the development of collateral to building presentations and pitching externally as needed
- Provide support and business development best practice to other disciplines across publishing and development
- Extensive experience in Business Development within the Entertainment/ Videogames industry
- Motivation, drive and a self-starting attitude
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment
- Ability to understand customer needs and meet that need with a successful product sale
- Ability to effectively manage time with tasks
- Ability to multi-task, take initiative, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Multilingual/ Chinese language a plus, but not essential
- Flexible Working
- Bonus Scheme
- Private Health Care
- Gym Membership
- Generous Pension Contributions
- Life Insurance
- Free Cycle Repair
- Income Protection
- Dental Plan
- Free Fruit and Drinks
- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application!
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.