This job might no longer be available.
Business Development Manager (Video Gaming Industry
2 months ago
Onward Play is rapidly expanding and we are looking to hire an additional Business Development Manager to join our team, 100% remote.
Onward Play is the Gaming Division of Onward Search, an award-winning recruitment and staffing agency with the mission to connect the nation’s top companies with the best creative, marketing, gaming, and technology talent in the industry. You will have the opportunity to work with the most innovative companies and dynamic brands that push the envelope of modern technology, apps, gamification, AI, UX, VR, service offerings and products.
At Onward Search, we have built a culture fostered on entrepreneurial spirit, integrity, teamwork, and transparency. We believe different perspectives make Onward Search a better company and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where every person feels like they belong.
Onward Play offers a full range of recruiting, staffing, and talent management solutions for temp staffing and direct hire. Onward Play specializes in serving gaming and immersive technology clients. We recruit for the top Video Game, Entertainment and Technology brands that accelerate the top gaming, device, and VR / AR/ MR software, products and trends.
If you’re looking to work for an exciting, energetic and goal-oriented company, read below to learn the details of the position.
Here's what your day will look like:
- Locate new business opportunities by following Onwards 6 Phase Sales Process to identify and close target accounts.
- Generate new business leads using your sophisticated understanding of social media and various online technologies, to identify key prospects and develop new clients
- Ongoing account management, including client contact with all managerial levels to figure out a candidate's fit for the assignment and viability to support specific current and future client needs.
- Serve as an industry advisor to clients as it relates to staffing trends in the gaming space.
- Participate in our virtual office parties (trivia challenges, photo contests and more!)
Here’s what your career path could look like:
- Business Development Managers can be promoted into Director-level Management, running either the Recruitment or BDM teams.
- Directors can eventually run their own teams as Managing Directors, after leading strong performing teams on either the recruitment or sales side of the house.
- Managing Directors can move into Regional VP positions after showing they can motivate a team to deliver for our clients and change the lives of our candidates.
- Onward and Upward to the Executive Leadership team!
You’ll be very successful here if you:
- Have at least 3+ years of business development, sales, or account management experience in the staffing industry.
- Have experience in the I.T. and technology or creative staffing space.
- Demonstrate strong planning and organizational skills.
- Perfected the art of cold-calling and cold-emailing.
- Developed a sales philosophy that allows you to take a shared approach to business development.
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
Awards We’ve Received:
- “Best Company to Work for Women” on Comparably
- “Best CEO’s for Women” on Comparably
- “#1 Staffing and Recruiting Company to Work for by Women” on InHerSight, as rated by women
- ClearlyRated’s 2021 Best of Staffing Awards for Client and Talent Satisfaction.
We are also a silver sponsor of the African American Marketing Association and an active supporter of the NAACP Legal Defense Fund, the LGBTQ Community Center, Next for Autism and other non-profits that align with our company values.
If you’re interested in joining a growing staffing agency with great momentum and you’re hungry to advance your career just as much as the careers of others, then we want to hear from you. Apply today!
Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. AA/EOE/M/F/D/V.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.